Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #71 
Punki

Oh yes, especially around ages 2-3 when they also learn the word NO and know what they want. I feel i got lucky. My girl is pretty carefree overall, and shy around new people, if she starts to throw a fit in the store because we wont buy her the elmo balloon shes pointing at all that has to happen is her seeing a stranger make eye contact with her and shes over it and embarrassed :)) Shes still learning the concept of sharing but since shes an only child with only some interaction with other kids its taking a bit longer.
My husbands a few years younger then me and from New Zealand! We met online on a game when i was 22 and dated online for a couple of years before he flew to the usa to visit, then i just couldnt let him go back without me :)) Once i got a surprise pregnancy though we came back to the USA because we could afford insurance and all of that sort of thing. My early twenties till now has just been a fast dream :) We both have some pretty harsh anxiety issues, me more then him, so it works out, if i walk into walmart and feel a panic attack hes not asking me why hes already got one foot out the door himself! But i recently began therapy to try and cope a bit more because id like to at least learn to drive so when my little girl starts school i can drive her there ect :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #72 
laughing

Angelic- I am talking about screaming at teachers, slapping parents, finding it ok to be extremes disreapectul, etc. Of course children are not born knowing all etiquet and rules of the world, but many parents are failing with providing that for them! I get kids will try and test, that's part of life, but they will keep pushing unless you give them a firm foundry you don't bend for. That's what I am talking about! ^^

Punki- love it! You meet people in strange ways... and im glad you have someone that understands your quirks! Hehe(:
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #73 
dramaqueen
Banned

What I don't like is when parents don't keep an eye on their kids in public places like restaurants or the store. It's the reason I don't go to my pool much anymore. Kids are running all over the place, screaming their heads off. No one wants to be around little brats.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #74 
laughing

YES! That is the worst! The pool outside my apartment is filled with crazy kids. They use the safety line and float as a TOY. Last night they tied the rope part across the pool... -.- Or at restaurants when they're running around! The worst is at the theatre and you're watching ab ADULT movie and people think their 5 year olds should come along then they end up talking the whole time, screaming/crying, kicking the back of your seat, etc. Frustrating!

I mean, if your kid is misbehaving, why aren't you removing them and disciplining them? If they cannot stand sitting more than 5 minutes, why are they in a nice restaurant? If you know they run around, why not hold them there?

That is exactly what I am talking about DQ.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #75 
vaygirl

Kids are kids. The adults need to be smacked. Having worked in daycare, I can't tell you how often I've wanted to smack a grown up. One kid ripped up his sleeping mat. He was told again and again to leave it alone. Eventually it got so messed up that he would throw a fit every time he had to use it cause it was messed up. We had a battle with his Mom, who insisted it be replaced and she'd pay for it. We insisted that he have to use it since he made it that way. She didn't want him to have consequences for anything.

Other parents would ask why we weren't open on weekends. Some of those babies were with us from 6am to 6pm when they're parents didn't work that late. Then they'd rush in and say they had to get them home for 7pm bedtime. REALLY!? I spent more time with those babies then they did.

One Mom didn't know her daughter was talking. We told her and she's like... she doesn't talk. And then we showed her Rachel saying Uh Oh! She was all weirded out. Parents (some, not all) really, really made me mad back then. They're KIDS not accessories. You have to.... ya know... do stuff with em.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #76 
Tisia

I used to work at a bank as a teller, and I was helping this lady while her like 5ish year old son was jumping around on the chairs meant for people waiting for the personal bankers, and the lady turns to me and says "he was at his father's over the weekend, and he lets him get away with anything." funny, I don't see you doing anything about it either, urgh.
another time, I was working at a game store, and this like 8 year old kid wanted gta, and his mom said no, so he throws a fit, and ends up running across the parking lot >_< the mom chased after him of course, then ended up coming back in and buying the game >_<
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #77 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punki View Post
Oh yes, especially around ages 2-3 when they also learn the word NO and know what they want. I feel i got lucky. My girl is pretty carefree overall, and shy around new people, if she starts to throw a fit in the store because we wont buy her the elmo balloon shes pointing at all that has to happen is her seeing a stranger make eye contact with her and shes over it and embarrassed :)) Shes still learning the concept of sharing but since shes an only child with only some interaction with other kids its taking a bit longer.
My husbands a few years younger then me and from New Zealand! We met online on a game when i was 22 and dated online for a couple of years before he flew to the usa to visit, then i just couldnt let him go back without me :)) Once i got a surprise pregnancy though we came back to the USA because we could afford insurance and all of that sort of thing. My early twenties till now has just been a fast dream :) We both have some pretty harsh anxiety issues, me more then him, so it works out, if i walk into walmart and feel a panic attack hes not asking me why hes already got one foot out the door himself! But i recently began therapy to try and cope a bit more because id like to at least learn to drive so when my little girl starts school i can drive her there ect :)
You pretty much described us for the most part! How awesome! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
Angelic- I am talking about screaming at teachers, slapping parents, finding it ok to be extremes disreapectul, etc. Of course children are not born knowing all etiquet and rules of the world, but many parents are failing with providing that for them! I get kids will try and test, that's part of life, but they will keep pushing unless you give them a firm foundry you don't bend for. That's what I am talking about! ^^

Punki- love it! You meet people in strange ways... and im glad you have someone that understands your quirks! Hehe(:
Yeah, my kids will never disrespect like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
What I don't like is when parents don't keep an eye on their kids in public places like restaurants or the store. It's the reason I don't go to my pool much anymore. Kids are running all over the place, screaming their heads off. No one wants to be around little brats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
YES! That is the worst! The pool outside my apartment is filled with crazy kids. They use the safety line and float as a TOY. Last night they tied the rope part across the pool... -.- Or at restaurants when they're running around! The worst is at the theatre and you're watching ab ADULT movie and people think their 5 year olds should come along then they end up talking the whole time, screaming/crying, kicking the back of your seat, etc. Frustrating!

I mean, if your kid is misbehaving, why aren't you removing them and disciplining them? If they cannot stand sitting more than 5 minutes, why are they in a nice restaurant? If you know they run around, why not hold them there?

That is exactly what I am talking about DQ.
Holy crap I hate when parents let their kids run wild! It drives me batty. Especially when I'm standing there and they run past me pushing me a little. Yeah, not happening. I pretty much don't really like anyone else's kids besides my own. I hate to say it, but yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Kids are kids. The adults need to be smacked. Having worked in daycare, I can't tell you how often I've wanted to smack a grown up. One kid ripped up his sleeping mat. He was told again and again to leave it alone. Eventually it got so messed up that he would throw a fit every time he had to use it cause it was messed up. We had a battle with his Mom, who insisted it be replaced and she'd pay for it. We insisted that he have to use it since he made it that way. She didn't want him to have consequences for anything.

Other parents would ask why we weren't open on weekends. Some of those babies were with us from 6am to 6pm when they're parents didn't work that late. Then they'd rush in and say they had to get them home for 7pm bedtime. REALLY!? I spent more time with those babies then they did.

One Mom didn't know her daughter was talking. We told her and she's like... she doesn't talk. And then we showed her Rachel saying Uh Oh! She was all weirded out. Parents (some, not all) really, really made me mad back then. They're KIDS not accessories. You have to.... ya know... do stuff with em.
This makes me so sad. I wanted to stay home and take care of my kids myself. I'm glad I was/am able to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
I used to work at a bank as a teller, and I was helping this lady while her like 5ish year old son was jumping around on the chairs meant for people waiting for the personal bankers, and the lady turns to me and says "he was at his father's over the weekend, and he lets him get away with anything." funny, I don't see you doing anything about it either, urgh.
another time, I was working at a game store, and this like 8 year old kid wanted gta, and his mom said no, so he throws a fit, and ends up running across the parking lot >_< the mom chased after him of course, then ended up coming back in and buying the game >_<
Yikes! It irks me when parents let their YOUNG kids play Mature games. The games nowadays have nudity, sex, drugs, foul language all that I don't think kids need to be exposed to. It's also the reason why people want to push censorship. No one wants to take the 2 seconds to read the rating on a game or movie and think.....hmmm this might not be the best for my kid.
We are a gaming family, but my kids play the age appropriate games and when they are asleep, we play our games that have the Mature ratings.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #78 
vaygirl

We did have those parents who worked their butts off to come in and get their babies and they'd be so happy to see them. They'd get off early and come get them. The difference in behavior of those kids vs. the ones who were just 'accessories' was obvious. It WAS sad. It made me sad. It was half the reason I left daycare.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #79 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
Yikes! It irks me when parents let their YOUNG kids play Mature games. The games nowadays have nudity, sex, drugs, foul language all that I don't think kids need to be exposed to. It's also the reason why people want to push censorship. No one wants to take the 2 seconds to read the rating on a game or movie and think.....hmmm this might not be the best for my kid.
We are a gaming family, but my kids play the age appropriate games and when they are asleep, we play our games that have the Mature ratings.
the mature game thing bothers me less than the fact that as soon as he threw a tantrum, she just gave in and gave him what he wanted. if you just go and change your rules because your kid gets upset, how are they ever going to learn? oh and my co-worker had pointed out the mature rating and why it had it, which is why she originally said no.
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #80 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hate how people have to drag their kids with them wherever they go. If you can't find a babysitter then stay home. We had a girl on the drama team who ALWAYS brought her kids with her to rehearsals. The youngest was about 2-3 years old and all she did was cry. She wanted her mom's attention and we had to interrupt rehearsals because of this. It was annoying. Then other people would bring their kids and one day there were toys and crap scattered all over where we were rehearsing and I said, it looks like a day care center in here. I felt sorry for the kids because it has to be pretty boring for them to just sit there. It's fine if they would just sit quietly and read or play a hand held video game or something.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote