Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #1 
Creat

Question How long can i leave her in?

Hey guys working on my first crowntail spawn and here is my question. They have been together for the past few days (3 days) and today this morning they started trying to embrace each other she is always hanging around him head down showing her bars but they just cant seem to line up right, they are both around the same size however they are both new breeders and it seems that after 5 or 6 attempts the male will chase the female off and become more entertained making his bubblenest (an epic thing as of right now), there are a few eggs on the ground but should i leave them together sense their still attempting or separate them?
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Give them time and leave them alone.....it can take 2-12 hours to complete the spawning act in some cases especially if they are having problems with the embrace...they will figure it out.......sit back and watch........and even if he runs her off....leave her for another hour and see if she will go back...some with take a break and start up again later....its like he counts the eggs and if he doesn't think he has enough he will let her come back to give him more......lol......not always and if he try to hurt her...then take her out if she leaves the nest site...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #3 
Creat

thanks OFL she seems like she is picking on him until he spawns. she will chase him out from under the nest and then sit under it waiting till he comes back. i have never had a female do that but so far none of them have any large tears or rips in them.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

I have had females like that...lol.....its like they get frustrated when the male can't embrace them properly...kinda funny....but not....lol.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #5 
Creat

Ha ha well hopefully the poor boy can man up lol
Old 05-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

If they're new breeders it may take them awhile to figure things out. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote