Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #21 
Sakura8

Sounds like a case for the Mythbusters! Shameless plug for favorite TV show.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:03 AM   #22 
lunawatsername

this is definitely not true. their fish die because they are not cared for. maybe the lady believed it, maybe she was just trying to cover her butt. but if this was true, EVERY fish (or any small animal for that matter) that went through the metal detector would suffer some kind of damage from it. besides that, for a metal detector to put out that kind of power (enough to actually kill a fish, even slowly) we would be able to feel it in some way, it wouldnt be some magical force that kills your fish behind your back or something. and if something did put out that kind of power in a public place, im pretty sure it would be fixed immediately- or at least after about 100 people blamed it for everything from a toothache to a rash to cancer. im just saying, it doesnt make sense.

and im not saying dont lift your fish over it, because if that makes you feel better then hey why not? but if your fish dies, dont put the blame on the detector, put it where it belongs: on the people who give substandard care to the animals they are responsible for. thats my opinion, anyway.
lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:11 AM   #23 
Sakura8

If you lift your fish over it, they may check to see if you're trying to shoplift something out of the store in the fish cup . Maybe a waterproof watch or something?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #24 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
If you lift your fish over it, they may check to see if you're trying to shoplift something out of the store in the fish cup . Maybe a waterproof watch or something?
I can just picture the door guy...

"maam...I'm gonna have to check your betta cup and receipt.."
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #25 
Sakura8

I had to wipe tears of laughter away before I could see to reply. Or I suppose it could be even worse if you did march out with a big waterproof watch or something in there and they didn't notice.

Although, seriously, if ever I was going to shoplift, it would be a betta from Wal-Mart. Stuff all the cups under my coat and in my pockets and waddle on out of there. Where's PETA when you need 'em, anyway?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #26 
trono

Sounds like crap to me. First off there's no proof of this. Second, I don't see how a metal detector could harm anything. It's not like an x-ray or something.
trono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #27 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Where's PETA when you need 'em, anyway?
Well im sure that PETA doesnt care much about fish because they are a dime a dozen. Also im sure that they feel they have better things to do. Higher leveled animals to take care of not a bunch of fish.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #28 
PhyrePhly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Well im sure that PETA doesnt care much about fish because they are a dime a dozen. Also im sure that they feel they have better things to do. Higher leveled animals to take care of not a bunch of fish.
Hey, PETA sent a letter to the high school I graduated from telling them that they needed to change the name of the school because it was degrading to fish. I grew up in Whitefish, MT thus we had Whitefish High School... apparantly there is a problem naming a town, lake, school, mountain etc after a fish... which they would much rather we call Sea Kittens... :P

Here's my question, because I did hear a Walmart Employee tell someone that about the fish they were carrying out... if you don't lift the fish over the metal detector and they find out, will they not replace the fish?

Last edited by PhyrePhly; 06-02-2011 at 03:54 PM.
PhyrePhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #29 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Better things to do. Sure, like going around naked to protest shearing sheep of their wool. Helloooo, if you don't shear the sheep they get so big they fall over and can't get up!

Poor fish, just 'cause they're cheap doesn't mean they're worthless.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #30 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Better things to do. Sure, like going around naked to protest shearing sheep of their wool. Helloooo, if you don't shear the sheep they get so big they fall over and can't get up!

Poor fish, just 'cause they're cheap doesn't mean they're worthless.
Was that sarcastic remark directing to me?

Um excuse me, i mean, they dont care about fish because to them they are a down graded species. Also I think that they should be treated equally.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote