Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #21 
ScoobyBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum!
They look fantastic! I like the fourth picture, too cute! Is this your first time owning a betta?
Thank you! This forum has been great!

When I was in college I had a Betta in my dorm room in a little hexagon tank. His name was Ringo. Then after college I had a large freshwater tank so I'm not a complete newbie to the world of fish keeping. I'm 41 years old now so it's been quite a while. I have learned so much here on this forum. I always enjoyed my tanks but life got crazy and I have been away from them for some time. It's good to get back in to it.
ScoobyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #22 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyBlue View Post
Thank you! This forum has been great!

When I was in college I had a Betta in my dorm room in a little hexagon tank. His name was Ringo. Then after college I had a large freshwater tank so I'm not a complete newbie to the world of fish keeping. I'm 41 years old now so it's been quite a while. I have learned so much here on this forum. I always enjoyed my tanks but life got crazy and I have been away from them for some time. It's good to get back in to it.
Sounds like you have a great interest in the fish keeping world lol. As for your daughter, as she gets older, show her new fish and introduce her into different kinds of others.

Also you say that shaggy is a lazy fish, its only because he is trying to figure out what the heck is going on and is most likely a slow adjuster.

Give him some time, he'll come around and be a spunky little fishy.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #23 
Fermin

Beautiful bettas!
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #24 
ScoobyBlue

Quote:
Sounds like you have a great interest in the fish keeping world lol. As for your daughter, as she gets older, show her new fish and introduce her into different kinds of others.

Also you say that shaggy is a lazy fish, its only because he is trying to figure out what the heck is going on and is most likely a slow adjuster.

Give him some time, he'll come around and be a spunky little fishy.
My daughter and I have been and will continue to enjoy learning about fish - Bettas for now. It's really been alot of fun! This forum has been fantastic for answering all our questions.

Shaggy - it's funny. You are right - he is trying to figure out what the heck is going on! He seems to be coming around some. He's not hiding in the back or in his house quite as much. He's been out a little more today. I guess he wasn't sure what was going on. He moved from his tiny cup to a huge 5 gallon tank just for him. LOL!

Last edited by ScoobyBlue; 06-01-2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #25 
ScoobyBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermin View Post
Beautiful bettas!
Thank you so much! I appreciate it!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #26 
bettalover2033

Quote:
My daughter and I have been and will continue to enjoy learning about fish - Bettas for now. It's really been alot of fun! This forum has been fantastic for answering all our questions.

Shaggy - it's funny. You are right - he is trying to figure out what the heck is going on! He seems to be coming around some. He's not hiding in the back or in his house quite as much. He's been out a little more today. I guess he wasn't sure what was going on. He moved from his tiny cup to a huge 5 gallon tank just for him. LOL!
Told ya. Yea going from a small space to something that big is huge in a bettas eyes.

I mean how would you feel if someone put you in a closet for a while and then without saying anything at all, and moved yyou to a mansion?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #27 
ScoobyBlue

Quote:
Told ya. Yea going from a small space to something that big is huge in a bettas eyes.

I mean how would you feel if someone put you in a closet for a while and then without saying anything at all, and moved yyou to a mansion?
LMAO! Closet to mansion.... hillarious!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #28 
bettalover2033

Quote:
LMAO! Closet to mansion.... hillarious!!!
Well its true lol.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #29 
ScoobyBlue

This morning when I checked on Shaggy, he had made a HUGE bubble nest. Guess he's happy now. I was really surprised at how big it was! He's coming out for sure. He was at the front of the glass checking me out and saying....."Look what I did!" He was very proud.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #30 
bettalover2033

Quote:
This morning when I checked on Shaggy, he had made a HUGE bubble nest. Guess he's happy now. I was really surprised at how big it was! He's coming out for sure. He was at the front of the glass checking me out and saying....."Look what I did!" He was very proud.
Awe! That sounds very cute! Can you take pictures of him and the bubblenest?