Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #1 
ScarletAngel209

Smile Another new little guy...

Hi Guys...

Well... after vowing not to get another betta anytime soon, i came home with one. Went to the same store I got Frilly Face from and they had a whole new batch of betta's.... Here he is... This makes Betta no. 6 (I have 3 females as well)... Not sure what to call him yet....

There he is showing off to my first Betta in the tank next door...

ScarletAngel209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #2 
HayrideHaunter

he looks very similar to my boy, Marbles! Mine has a bit more blue in his fins though...and hes marbled a bit (unexpectedly lol)...but this guy has that little red smudge between his eye and gills XD...wonder if thats a common trait?
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #3 
bettalover2033

Beautiful Cambodians you both have? His color is very pretty! Without flash, it must be amazing!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #4 
HayrideHaunter

as far as i know Marbles is considered a multicolor...especially since he lived up to his name and marbled a little
Old 06-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #5 
bettalover2033

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayrideHaunter View Post
as far as i know Marbles is considered a multicolor...especially since he lived up to his name and marbled a little
True, but not completely because multicolored bettas have to have 3 or more colors to be categorized into (multicolor).
Old 06-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #6 
ScoobyBlue

He's gorgeous! Looks a lot like my Shaggy too!!
ScoobyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #7 
HayrideHaunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
True, but not completely because multicolored bettas have to have 3 or more colors to be categorized into (multicolor).
merp...Marbles' body is white/peachy/yellowish, his dorsal is blue with bits of purple and the tips are nearly clear, his caudal is blue with a bit of green shine and red specks here and there, again with clear tips, and his ventrals/pelvic are blue and red with a little purple and white...his pecs (hes almost a big ear haha, theyre pretty big) are blue and cello...they almost look ripped but you can see the clear bits if you look close o.o

I love my colorful little guy <3

EDIT: oh yeah, and his body has also marbled a little, so he has very dark blue speckles near his caudal, and up on top of his head he has dark red speckles and a big red smudge between his eye and gills...when he flares his gills are VERY dark red and blue with some very clear cello spots
Old 06-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #8 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayrideHaunter View Post
merp...Marbles' body is white/peachy/yellowish, his dorsal is blue with bits of purple and the tips are nearly clear, his caudal is blue with a bit of green shine and red specks here and there, again with clear tips, and his ventrals/pelvic are blue and red with a little purple and white...his pecs (hes almost a big ear haha, theyre pretty big) are blue and cello...they almost look ripped but you can see the clear bits if you look close o.o

I love my colorful little guy <3

EDIT: oh yeah, and his body has also marbled a little, so he has very dark blue speckles near his caudal, and up on top of his head he has dark red speckles and a big red smudge between his eye and gills...when he flares his gills are VERY dark red and blue with some very clear cello spots
Woah! Thats all i can say lol.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #9 
HayrideHaunter

haha sorry...i took over the thread a little...sorry Scarlet!

anywho...is he considered a multicolor cambodian or something? his body is still mostly white...