Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #1 
Vergil

When did you get your second betta - and the ones after that?

This is just a fun question to ask. I keep hearing you can't have only one. I guess they were right. Just 10 days after getting Hiko, I came home with Larkspur. Now I'm contemplating a 3rd.

So I was wondering how long did it take for you guys to get a second or third betta fish?

What made you want the next fish/es? Is the tails/color/you didn't realize you were walking out of the shop with another fish/etc.
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #2 
veggiegirl

Amazingly a whole year. My first ever betta was actually my dads and I took ever his care when he didn't clean the tank. After George passed I didn't look at the bettas for around 6 months but I was missing George so bought another one. After that within 3 months I had 24!
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #3 
jesssan2442

I got my first betta, Mardi, in febuary of last year and then roughly a month later I got Mason. Then in may I planned to adopt Mercedes from my cousin while visiting them and while visiting them we went to petco where I got Maddux. I'm not planning on getting anymore because my school shedule is really time consuming and I feel like I wouldn't be able to handle another tank to clean, but I might divide my 10g
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #4 
EvaJupiterSkies

I got Tycho on October 24th... Esmeralda on October 28th... and Sherlock today (November 16th). I am now at the maximum betta-to-apartment space ratio, but they all have great personalities, and I love having them around!

I should mention snail purchases too... Rowan came home with me on November 10th, and Cassini came home with me yesterday (November 15th). Seriously, critter-to-apartment ratio has been fulfilled. I'm done now... promise. :P
EvaJupiterSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #5 
Vergil

Oh wow. Then they are seriously addicting!

I planned for Lark to be my "last" but I'm now saying that about the Rosetail I plan to buy. I'm already thinking of naming him Dendrobium.
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #6 
Behanyi

One day. Seriously. I was torn between two betta when I was picking out my first. I went home with the one I thought was the prettiest (it was a crowntail vs. a plakat), but the plakat had such interesting colors, I went back for him the next evening. I think it was meant to be, since I haven't been tempted to bring home another betta since, and honestly, right now, two are keeping me plenty busy. I'm just getting back into fishkeeping after a good long while.
Behanyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I took care of a neighbor's betta first, then got mine. Then she decides not to take care of him properly, left him with me when she went on vacation then never took him back. So I ended up having two. The rest came later. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:39 PM   #8 
Tree

I think about three weeks after I got my first betta. Than it led to the second and than the third. LOL But the first three I got had died from sickness and from a really bad injury.

My other three are doing just fine. =) I think I got them three weeks apart from each other as well.

Hmmm the number 3 is in that a lot. =O
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #9 
Polkadot

I got Peanut in August last year,then Button in September last year,Piglet in January this year & Mako in September this year.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #10 
Crowntails

I usually only own one betta at a time. But I just couldn't pass up on this boy I saw at Petco. So I got my new one just a week after I got my first.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote