Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #1 
vette91

your LFS

I am new member to this forum and I've posted a few times but I thought i'd ask for some help :)
I live in Lakewood, CO and i was looking for a lfs near. I haven't found any other than the petco's/petsmart's.
Does anybody know of any LFS around here?
also to everybody else, do you prefer to buy from LFS, online or a chain store(petco)
vette91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #2 
Burd

I'm afraid I'm across the country so I can't point you in the direction of a fish store. Google can turn up some surprises though!

As for what I prefer, it depends on what I'm out to buy. I prefer petsmart for decorations and plants. They always, always seems to make petco look stupid when it comes to plethora of choices for caves, aquatic foilage and chemical/water additive needs. Petco, however, makes petsmart look stupid when it comes to picking out a betta to bring home with you that day.

My local mom and pop pet shop is where I go when I want top notch plants but they seem to have them so rarely that I just gave up and went to petsmart.

So all in all, I probably frequent petsmart the most. They're the cheapest and have the best selection. Their employees could be friendlier but whatever.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #3 
Jessabell

Burd, I completely agree with you! I live in MI, and the Petsmart where I'm at has AMAZING decor, but not a good selection of Betta. But my Petco has a pretty decent selection of betta, but overpriced and stupid looking decor lol.
Jessabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #4 
Arashi Takamine

All I can say is look out for local pet stores and be cautious. I was so excited to discover I had a family owned local pet store...Guess what? Their care sucked worse then walmart. The cups were so tiny that the betta's could not turn around and it smelled like a graveyard.

I prefer petsmart and petco both because they do have some nice decor (Kai's precious dragon was from Petsmart. It's become his hang out he sleeps on it every night right on it's head.) Kai was also from Petsmart and he is the cutest little crowntail I've ever laid eyes on. He was the healthiest there he made the cup shake when I picked him up.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote