Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2011, 05:50 PM   #1 
seljic

Help! Stress in divided tank

Hi,

I have two bettas. One I have had for about 6 months, the other about three weeks. Vito is new (CT), and Cash is older (VT).

I just moved Cash into a divided 10 gallon with Vito, and already my littler betta is showing a stress stripe. Cash is flaring all the time. I can't move anybody back to their old tanks (plastic was cracked in transport =( ), so they must stay together. But I am worried for Vito's health. Will he be okay??? I put stress coat in there for them! Cash is being extremely aggressive, but I'm sure they can't get to each other.

=(

Seljic
seljic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #2 
Burd

Bettas stress very easily. I've got three in a divided tank. They flare and ocassionally stress but they're fine. They eventually just get bored and go 'screw it' :P

Keeping the lights dim or off can help them calm down but in a divided 10 gallon with a hiding spot or two for each, they'll be just fine. If worse comes to worst, you could replace the mesh with a darker mesh from a craft store. People have said that works better some times.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #3 
seljic

Okay! Thanks =)

Now my bigger fish (Cash, the VT) seems to have injured his gill plate =( It's stuck open, so it looks like he's always flaring. Is this okay? Will it hurt him?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 PM   #4 
DeadMemories92

I have my 3 bettas in a divided 10 gallon tank. I bought some dividers from Petsmart that you measure and cut to your own size (they're expensive) but they do work! They rarely see each other or even care!
DeadMemories92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #5 
seljic

That's the divider I'm using. Vito still has a wicked stress stripe but it goes away when I keep the light off. And Cash's gill is still stuck (injured? swollen?)