Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #1 
Abby

Random photos:

im starting a random photo thread where we can all share our random or favourite pictures :) (of everything other then bettas lol)

this is my over excited gelding Taj Mahal, when he gets excited or over tired he prances on the spot almost its awesome. here hes excited because we are heading back to the jump.

my colt Lucky's Little Bandit, when he was a yearling.

Taj a few christmas's ago

Tyson, a horse taj was agisted with that was deemed unrideable until i got there and sorted him out, hes actually a very good horse to ride, pure quaterhorse for you lol.

my pure bred poodle Hendrix

taj's bum

My Little Pony (pony for short) was a shetland x something and a stubborn lil horse! but he was quiet and i could ride him (very stocky)

my dad playing with shutter speeds on his camera needed a moving target

taj is mad as the hatter when it comes to jumping, he gallops to it leaps too early and then races off. i only have room for one jump there its the only flat part in the paddock, but i dont push him or jump him too high hes 27years old
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #2 
Abby

heres a few more:

Tobias was a 5 yr old standard bred x thoroughbred gelding, he was put down with serious back problems

before he was unrideable he and myself attended my and his first horse show. he looked horrible compared to the show animals he won 9 ribbons.

me and taj

when i was three i had a pony called bobby, then she died and we had to move then we lived in places unsuitable for horses but i still rode every chance i got, then we moved to the farm when i was 8 and i got Milky, Milky was blind in one eye when i got him, when he died at 38 he was almost fully blind and STILL the most surefoted animal ive ever met. in the pouring rain with mudslicked hills he still kept me safe.

someone once told me you had to be a professional to teach an animal. to this i say bs. my 10 yr old pony "Pony" i taught to trick rear with my 60 odd kilo on his back:

looking for updated pictures of luckys little bandit
(urge attaching from computer takes ages)
NB: my colt is 3 and im five foot hes not fully grown yet.

Name:  Banditclose.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  65.7 KB

Name:  IMG_3702.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  25.3 KB

Name:  bands.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3910.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  95.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3921.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  70.6 KB
Old 05-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #3 
Abby

** the last pic: the colt is obsessed with having the insides of his back legs scratched, he will back up and rub his rump against me till i scratch his legs, then he gets a droopy lip and sways with the scratching.
when i first got him he was terrified of men and a little weary of women, he was heavily abused by a young guy and since coming to me we have worked with him to the point i was asked politely by workmen (they were replacing power line poles in the paddock) t please remove the brown horse from the bottom paddock as hes head butting the workers wanting a pat while they trying to work. mind u they had smoko (morning tea) before they started and a few tosses scraps of bread to the horses lol
Old 05-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #4 
gmd1800

The yearling picture of your colt - WOW. All legs and so gawky and awkward! Horses always go through that ugly phase, but they're so ugly it's cute. And then they're all gorgeous again. I'm posting mine in a few minutes!
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #5 
gmd1800

I've posted this one a few times, but this is my coming 6 year-old gelding, Roulette's Ringmaster ("Ringo" for short). He's my "miracle baby." When he was still in his dam, it was discovered that he was actually a twin. Since his dam was a bit older (in her late teens) it was decided to abort his twin since it can be difficult for horses to carry twins safely. Then he tore his suspensory before he was even a year old, and had to have surgery. The vet said he had about 10% chance of recovering. He recovered. Vet says, "He'll never be riding sound." Once he was four, he was cleared for riding. He'll never jump, but he makes for a wonderful dressage horse.

Then this is Ringo's oldest half-brother, Bucky. I trained him up to Prix St Georges, and showed him to two state championships. He was awesome! He's a hunter/jumper for someone else now. Might be sold soon.

This is Teddy - the horse of a lifetime. He taught me so much about what it means to truly love unconditionally. He was abused and starved nearly to death before I got him. He fattened up, had surgeries, etc, and then was riding sound. I showed him for years before he retired. His old owners told me that he was about 15 when he was sold. Turns out he was actually 29! I showed him up to 2'3" and schooled him about 3' at home. Wow! He died in 2008, but was absolutely amazing.

Just a pretty picture from back when I thought I was going to have a career in photography.

Ringo's older brother, Roulette's Ramses. This was when I was helping put miles on him - this was in 2007, so he was about three years old. He loved to bite that helmet - actually tore part of it off! I had to get a new one because of him.

Just a picture I really liked of Bucky. This was right after he spooked and took off when he saw a pony. Apparently he doesn't like ponies.

Enough picture spamming! =)
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #6 
Abby

Yeh all legs no brains......then again hes grown his brains finally lol
Old 05-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #7 
Abby

apparently he doesnt like ponies LMAO!

ive only had spookings at traffic on the road or just a ghost (horse spook at anything sometimes nothing at all lol)
I was leading my colt along a narrow path between a boat (he was petified of) and shrubs, the first few times it was a nervous walk then the last time the shrub had the nerve to reach out and touch him, he galloped through.
he once spooked at my drizabone, but he was worked up from the gelding chasing him and cornering him it was drizzling i had a white singlet and short shorts plus dads huge knee high gumboots on and the drizabone i got him haltered and he freaked out and ran backwards dragging me off my feet, i had to shed the drizabone catch him and calm him THEN pick up the drizabone, i rubbed him over with it laid it across him let him smell it and only THEN could i put it back on.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #8 
Abby

taj hates motorbikes and i need a firm hand when they go bast along with trucks and bus's, but everything else hes ok with.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #9 
Learn To Fly

Since this has turned into something of a show-off-your-horse thread, this is the horse that I ride (not mine though) Louie. He's a ~24 y/o Spanish Barb who doesn't act his age at all-people are surprised when I tell them that.

Name:  IMG_8019.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  92.9 KB
This is us jumping 2'9" or 3ft.

Name:  IMG_7179.jpg
Size:  65.9 KB
Jumping 2'6" or 2'9"

Name:  IMG_7107.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  69.9 KB
Dressage

Name:  IMG_8016.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  116.6 KB
Cantering to a jump.

Name:  IMG_8022.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  57.5 KB
And again.He really likes to go fast and can gallop faster than a lot of Thoroughbreds. He doesn't like to stop, either, so not many people can ride him

Name:  IMG_6953.jpg
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  Copy of IMG_7111.jpg
Size:  36.1 KB
Braids :)
Running braids are so easy and fun to do. I'm glad he has a long mane

Name:  IMG_5364.jpg
Size:  50.2 KB
Him in his field with the Appaloosa lesson horse Rocky behind him

Just some artistic shots (all Louie):
Name:  IMG_5384.jpg
Size:  42.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5395.jpg
Size:  20.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5398.jpg
Size:  8.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5407.jpg
Size:  12.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5368.jpg
Size:  50.4 KB
Cotton the Arab lesson horse

Name:  IMG_5358.jpg
Size:  44.6 KB
Blaze the Welsh/QH cross rolling-we call the the dachshund pony because his legs are way too short for his body

Hope you enjoyed haha :)
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:54 AM   #10 
Abby

lol lovely pics and horses :)