Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2011, 10:39 PM   #1 
Grundylady

View from the inside

And a question. Do you think it is bad for Bo that he can see Princess so well? I never really realized how much he could see from that tank until I put my new video camera in it.

Bo's Point of View

Last edited by Grundylady; 05-31-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Grundylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:01 AM   #2 
SillyCone

You keep them in the kitchen? xD

Nice set ups, nevertheless, its funny how it sounds like a chainsaw inside the tank like 5km from there xD

And you can just see if he is massive flaring at her, my male flares sometimes to the females here when he sees them, but usually he gets bored and stops :P

Ah! And that solves the mystery of the tank top, I guess they also can't see outside the water from the top :V
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #3 
Grundylady

Yeah I know, the kitchen ....but it is not near the food prep area, and the kitchen is MY space.

I was holding the camera right next to the filter so - chainsaw effect. lol A fun experiment though.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #4 
SillyCone

Yep, but you know, if you spend most of your time in the kitchen, that's the perfect place to put them, so you can enjoy them more imo =]
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #5 
Jessabell

I'm at school and our computers are blocked for certain pic/video sites, so I'll check it out when I get home! lol. I'm so glad my school didn't block this site xD
Jessabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #6 
kathstew

First off, adorable! Your bettas are too cute!
Your video camera is awesome, I love those ones you can actually put in the water. They are amazing.
I don't think its that bad that he can see her. Unless he is constantly flaring at her, I see no reason to keep them from seeing eachother. I have two males in a divided tank where they can see eachother, and there was initial flaring, but now they both do there own thing.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #7 
Luimeril

there's always different reactions to bettas seeing each other. my partly blind HMPK, Theo, is right next to my delta, Ichi, and they never have any problems. Ichi only recently started tail biting, but that's my fault(i was a touch slack on his water changes. >3>;). Cup, on the other hand, can't see ANY other betta. he'll literally ram the side of his tank to try to get to another betta. i guess, just watch your fish for signs of stress. does he flare at the other betta alot, or ignore it?
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #8 
DeadMemories92

Nah I dont think it's bad. I have mine in a divided tank and they can see each other. They always have but they got bored over time and was like "meh" so every now and then they'll flare. Poor little Squeaky in his tiny tank that's sitting in front of my big 10 gallon is ALWAYS flaring at my older bettas. haha He's constantly worried about them.
DeadMemories92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #9 
bettalover2033

Bo is too cute and Princess is equal!

As for your question, i would say that there is nothing that is going to harm Bo nor Princess because they are seeing one another regularly.

Bo might just be trying to impress her and build nests and such. So i would just suggest that the only problem is that they are in the kitchen, which isn't much of a problem at all.

You would just have to remember that they are in the kitchen and be careful while you cook that nothing can fall in the tank, like grease or another substance. So to me, that should be your only concern.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #10 
Grundylady

Thanks everyone. I will have to watch him for signs of stress. I can't tell how much he flares at her...since he flares at me whenever I am in the room.....or anyone else is. haha

Don't worry about them getting hurt in the kitchen - it is an eat-in kitchen and they are actually on the bar between the kitchen and the dining area. Far from the stove, sink and food prep areas.

Took another video this morning - mostly Bo (but you can see his color) from Princess' tank. Need to edit out some boring bits.