Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2011, 12:26 AM   #1 
SchBetta5123

Question Betta fish brown head?

Hello,
Today is my first day on this forum. I have a 10 gallon tank that houses a few ghost shrimp and one veil-tail male Betta. First let me tell you why I have these two together. My parents took my little sister and got her a Betta. And like most people do, got her a small tank. I was telling them why they need a bigger tank but they would not listen. Anyway, I bought the fish off of my sister two hours after she brought it home, and put it in a 10 gallon tank planted tank with my shrimp. They get along fine and do not mind where the other one is. Well it has some brown stuff on his head that does not look to nice. If it is natural then thats OK, but if it looks wrong then please tell me what I can do. I am sorry that I can not post a pic of my own. But a camera will be up soon. Here is a pic of a fish that looks like him. Well this is a female. He is a nice pink, purple, and silver Betta. On the head is where it looks like this Betta. I know this is not a lot of info, sorry.
Thank you.
If you scroll down until the day of 11th May 2011, in the diary you will see the Betta. ( sorry again )
SchBetta5123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #2 
PewPewPew

I dont really know what you mean. Whatever picture you are trying to post (or links) arent working.

Pictures will be of great help, so try to get those!

As for the brown, if it looks just regular brown, not flakey, gross, etc, then its probably just its color. Many bettas have brown or black heads and different colored fins and bodies. Its natural.

Try googling pictures of what youre seeing. If you find one, let us know and post the link right in the reply.

Welcome, and good for you for taking him and giving him a nice home.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote