Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #11 
HayrideHaunter

heehee...mebe when i get a little extra cash...ill do a bit of research first too...i want marimos bad so...mebe ill get those guys too!
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #12 
LeroyTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayrideHaunter View Post
heehee...mebe when i get a little extra cash...ill do a bit of research first too...i want marimos bad so...mebe ill get those guys too!
I'd love to have a little moss ball just adrift in my tank. The only ones I ever saw in a shop were too much $$... I think they were about $15 or $18 EACH!

And there are lots of other plants I've seen that I'd like to try in my tanks. Just like in my yard (biggest yard I've ever had... 1/3 acre! lol) I have lots of shrubs & other plants... I keep going to the nurseries and getting more plants. I think to myself, "I'll put them in somewhere" and buy more and more. I still have LOTS of plants in pots.... I keep upgrading them to bigger pots as they grow. So, I can see this happening with my tanks.... I see a plant and think I don't have anywhere to put it. But get it anyway and float it until I can figure out what to do with it. In the meantime, my other plants will probably start to die from lack of light due to the floating plants. Well, that would solve my problem of what to do with them, wouldn't it! lol
LeroyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #13 
HayrideHaunter

haha I have way too many potted plants myself...I'm not allowed to have any more haha...i have to transport all my living things to my dorm...it gets difficult >.<
Old 06-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #14 
PewPewPew

I hear you Dx
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #15 
HayrideHaunter

P3: I just realized...youre in Oswego!!! I live in Rochester hehe...I was just wondering today if there was anyone nearby!

are you a college student? or is the "i hear ya" in reference to having too many?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #16 
phoenix91

I love my banana plant, it's so cute and always looks so healthy. Mine is in the process of shooting up another lily pad. i trimmed the other 1 because it had grown so long it's stalk was taking over the tank.

Mine is busy sending out runners to have tiny baby plants too. You see the lighter colour shoots next to the banana bits, those are runners for new plants. i have 3 right now. I have mine with the bananas half pressed into the substrate.

Name:  photo (5).jpg
Views: 51
Size:  38.3 KB

I'm going to the lfs today so i might get another 1 if they have any.
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #17 
PewPewPew

B'awww. These things are so silly and cute! My lily pads are all gonna be breaking the top at the same time >_< Theyre all about the same height and getting huge, this is nuts.

And yeah, Im a student in Oswego :B
Old 06-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #18 
phoenix91

With all this talk of nana plants i went out this morning and got another one. It's pretty scrawny right now but it'll grow soon enough.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #19 
PewPewPew

I want another, too! DX I love these.

I want to propogate and grow my own, but Im getting mixed info on how to do it...
And I think some methods only grow rooted lily pads, and I want the tubers,too!
(I think they may need seeding/above water fertilization for it, booooo)
Old 06-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #20 
phoenix91

i was told on the planted tank forum that mine was busy propagating. The person said that the 3 light coloured things at the banana roots were the mother sending out runners. apparently new plants grow from the runners and then you just trim the new plants off. I was also told that they flower but it's hard to get them to do it.