Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #1 
miyko

Question female tank issues please help

Housing
What size is your tank? 10 gal
What temperature is your tank? room temp durring the day and at night a small heater kicks in
Does your tank have a filter? yes tetra whisper seems to have ALOT of current having problems here
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no
Is your tank heated? at night when needed a heater kicks in if it goes below room temp
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? 4 girls

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? pellets and flakes morning pellets night flakes
How often do you feed your betta fish? 2 times a day any more they get bloated any less they fight more :/

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? 50% biweekly 25% evry other day 75% biweekly 100% only when ABSOLUTLY nessisary(becoming more nessisary as these problems occure)
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? see above
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? stress coat and water conditioner

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? safire seems to have a white spot under her mouth...
How has your betta fish's behavior changed?and they are all haveing fights more often now
When did you start noticing the symptoms?month ago (been working on it this is last result)
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? added a bit more stress coat then normal in last few water changes to try and calm them down a bit.. hasnt worked... seperated safire for a bit with water changes daily for a bit nothign changed re introduced her... no change.. to anyone
Does your fish have any history of being ill? when only months old three of 4 were exposed to beer and whiskey and table salt and chilly poweder and windex... (long story involving an imature ex boyfriend they pulled threw with the help of you guys! its been almost a year scence then)
How old is your fish (approximately)? i got them almost a year ago

ok so my problems are...... ALGE!!! i can't get rid of it no mater what i try ... new fillter ... didn't work.... nothign works the alge is NOT on the tank !!! it is in the water itself.... ideas?

do not recomend other fish to help... i tryed that... and these poor fish... my girls i swear to you i call them my paranahs after this one... ATE two alge eaters.... yes ate.... i put them in everything seemed fine... woke up no alge eaters ANY WHERE i looked to see if they made a jump... not anywhere near the floor ... not in fliter... and the girls were bloated as hell... any help with that?

also safire seems to have a white patch... not raised nothing its been this way for a few months she seems normal with it just looks like .... if she lost pigment there(any thoughts)

also they seem to be "fighting" more now (recently moved what room they are in (warmer room and away from a window to try and fight alge growth)) i dotn witness the fighting but i wake up and there seem to bee alot of ripped fins i am used to maybe one tail bite a week cause someoen tried to eat safires pellet that she had her eye on(safire is kinda the queen bee in this show) as weird as this sounds... they dont fight the nights my cat sleeps under them but you know cats they never do what you want them too so now that i want her in my room she wont step foot near here.... (any suggestions to calm them down)
miyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #2 
miyko

oh btw when i say room temp i mean i like it warm... i like to feel summer all the time
Old 06-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #3 
Oldfishlady

I would Qt all the females and start aquarium salt 1tsp/gal treatment along with 100% daily water changes for 10 days...

While you have them QT-the 10 gal green water tank....make a big water change and deep substrate vacuum and then cover the tank with something black...really dark for a black out...4 days no peeking......after the 4 days....make a 50% water change and light substrate vacuum in all areas that can be reached without moving anything.....

Any live plants....if so-how many and what species....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #4 
miyko

no live plants i recently have solved the alge problem.... a friend recomended nutrafin clear fast.... it worked instantly ...

but i would like to get them a tank mate that they wont eat... any way i can get them to not be agressive?

i've come to the concusion that safires white patch is nothing... i took her to see my friend today (down the street is a breeder) and he said it looked like just a pigment change and if its been this way and none of the other girls caught it it can't be much ...
Old 06-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #5 
RayneForhest

Wow... they ate the algae eaters!!!!
RayneForhest is offline   Reply With Quote