Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #21 
Creat

ha ha I have one I love her more power to you! you will notice they will start to come out in the day oh and if you have sand they will burry and dig holes and tunnels. Love dragon goby's (its what I know em by) and yeah I had a king betta with her and they did fine, she lives with puffers now and is very peaceful I have found. And they can live in freshwater however they live longer and change to more brilliant colors in brackish they also grow larger in brackish.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #22 
Luimeril

that's one epic fish! pretty scary, and VERY dragon-like. :d sweet find!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #23 
PewPewPew

Were there any white ones, btw? Id only ever seen white til yours! :O

Oh, and that girl happened. She's just a fool and didnt care or take ten seconds out of her day to learn even what it ate. Ugh.

Not to mention the poor creature was in a tank that a very dead for a while lizard had been in, without really being cleaned. People make me mad D;
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:53 AM   #24 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Were there any white ones, btw? Id only ever seen white til yours! :O

Oh, and that girl happened. She's just a fool and didnt care or take ten seconds out of her day to learn even what it ate. Ugh.

Not to mention the poor creature was in a tank that a very dead for a while lizard had been in, without really being cleaned. People make me mad D;

I've never seen a white one, sounds like it would look pretty cool.
was it like this? or like pure white?

@Creat I added some sand the other day for him so it would be easier for him to eat and nicer to his belly :D
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #25 
Creat

I am a sand fanatic its not good to my wallet I hope he loves it I think these guys are some of my favorite odd ball fish to keep
Old 06-06-2011, 03:07 AM   #26 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
I am a sand fanatic its not good to my wallet I hope he loves it I think these guys are some of my favorite odd ball fish to keep

at one of the LPS they sell sand for either fresh or salt water in bulk for 40 cents a pound, so I bought like 6 pounds for really cheap. all the other LPT and petco only carried live sand.... He does this funny thing where he wags the back half of his body and digs in a little XD
Old 06-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #27 
PewPewPew

Both that I saw were pure, snow white! :O
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #28 
sayitaintso

We are completely new to betta care. I've read as much as I can from several sites about care & feeding. Some reccommend NOT moving your betta from tank to tank with a net because it tears their fins. How should I move him?
From what I've seen, I think he's developed fish rot and we're trying to take care of that but I was suprised that Petco doesn't have any fish medications, so that leaves just WalMart, which of course is run by kids who have no idea what you're talking about.
Anyway- back on topic- how do I catch him to move him?
Thanks
sayitaintso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #29 
Creat

Sayitaintso I suggest making a new thread small button in the top left corner

and I wish my sad was that cheap! Sheesh its like $27 for a bag for a ten gallon tank. And yeah they are super cute when they dig out a spot. Mine makes little caves to hide in as long as their is a rock or something above her.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #30 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayitaintso View Post
We are completely new to betta care. I've read as much as I can from several sites about care & feeding. Some reccommend NOT moving your betta from tank to tank with a net because it tears their fins. How should I move him?
From what I've seen, I think he's developed fish rot and we're trying to take care of that but I was suprised that Petco doesn't have any fish medications, so that leaves just WalMart, which of course is run by kids who have no idea what you're talking about.
Anyway- back on topic- how do I catch him to move him?
Thanks
I catch them with my hand