Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #1 
callmeconfused

SURVEY FOR MOTHERS: Please fill out and post or PM to me.(Need info for school)

I am working on my final paper for school and am trying to get as many opinions as possible. It finally hit me that I could probably get some more survey info from the forums I'm a member of *facepalm*. If you would be so kind as to answer these questions and either post them or PM them to me, it would be greatly appreciated!

In case you are wondering, the paper is on Homebirth vs. Hospital delivery. I am trying to see if the this info will match the statistics I have found online.

1. What is your age now?
2. Do you have any children?
3. How old were you when you had each of your children?
4. Where did you PLAN on giving birth (home, hospital, etc)? (Please specify for each child)
5. Where did you ACTUALLY give birth? Why?(Please specify for each child)
6. Were you considered “high-risk” for pregnancy and/or delivery? Why?
7. If you have given birth in a hospital, what was/were your experience(s)? How did the entire process make you feel?
8. If you gave birth at home, what was/were your experience(s)? How did the entire process make you feel?
9. If you were/are pregnant at the moment, where would/do you plan on giving birth? Why?
callmeconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #2 
icameasarat

1. What is your age now? 25
2. Do you have any children? 2
3. How old were you when you had each of your children? 19, 21
4. Where did you PLAN on giving birth (home, hospital, etc)? (Please specify for each child) birthing center
5. Where did you ACTUALLY give birth? Why?(Please specify for each child) birthing center
6. Were you considered “high-risk” for pregnancy and/or delivery? Why? nope
7. If you have given birth in a hospital, what was/were your experience(s)? How did the entire process make you feel? experience was fine.
8. If you gave birth at home, what was/were your experience(s)? How did the entire process make you feel?
9. If you were/are pregnant at the moment, where would/do you plan on giving birth? Why? 14 weeks pregnant with baby 3, plan on giving birth in hospital, birthing center has since closed.
icameasarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #3 
laughing

Since no one is answering for you, I will fill it out from my mother's experience...

1) 48
2) yes, two
3) 32, 33
4) hospital
5) hospital (both on each)
6) not for pregnancy, but had c-sections for us both, our heads were too large to pass naturally
7) she was there long periods of time, and the doctors inaccurately predicted her birthing day, but the experience was a good one over-all
8) n/a
9) unable to give birth, but would choose hospital.

Good luck!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #4 
AngelicScars

1. What is your age now? 27
2. Do you have any children? Yes, 2
3. How old were you when you had each of your children? 22 and 24
4. Where did you PLAN on giving birth (home, hospital, etc)? (Please specify for each child) I planned to give birth in a hospital for both children.
5. Where did you ACTUALLY give birth? Why?(Please specify for each child)
With my first child, I gave birth in the hospital. I developed pre-eclampsia and had him 8 weeks early via emergency c-section. With my second, I gave birth in the hospital as well. It was considered as a high-risk pregnancy and I gave birth via elective c-section. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to 37 weeks due to my water breaking unexpectedly.
6. Were you considered “high-risk” for pregnancy and/or delivery? Why?
I was for my second pregnancy. The reason is because I developed pre-eclampsia with my first and I had a change of developing it again.
7. If you have given birth in a hospital, what was/were your experience(s)? How did the entire process make you feel?
My experience with my first was hectic and chaotic. Everything happened so fast I could barely think. I did have people there keeping an eye on me, explain to me my risks and what was going on, and what to expect. I felt scared and unsure. I did feel like they did everything for me and my baby that they could do.
With my second, it was a bit more relaxed. We weren't in a rush to get him out because there weren't huge risks. I spend awhile in the hospital waiting in the doc. to get out of surgery so I could have my c-section. I spent the time hanging out with friends and my husband until time.

N/A
9. If you were/are pregnant at the moment, where would/do you plan on giving birth? Why?
I would give birth in a hospital again. I didn't want to VBAC so I would end up having another c-section.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #5 
cajunamy
Banned

1. What is your age now? 31

2. Do you have any children? 2

3. How old were you when you had each of your children? 24, 27

4. Where did you PLAN on giving birth (home, hospital, etc)? (Please specify for each child) hospital for birth. wanted homebirth but dh was against it and there are no close midwives in my area.

5. Where did you ACTUALLY give birth? Why?(Please specify for each child) hospital
6. Were you considered “high-risk” for pregnancy and/or delivery? Why? for my first - b/c i had gestational diabetes which caused a high amount of amniotic fluid

7. If you have given birth in a hospital, what was/were your experience(s)? How did the entire process make you feel? with my first i didn't know what i was doing. with my second i wanted a more natural approach (water birth, walking around, moving around) but my hospital didn't ''let'' me and I didn't feel like fighting.

8. If you gave birth at home, what was/were your experience(s)? How did the entire process make you feel? n/a

9. If you were/are pregnant at the moment, where would/do you plan on giving birth? Why? I would look into midwives more, or a birthing center. If I needed to plan for a hospital birth, I would be more adamant on being able to move, no stripping of membranes, no fetal monitor, walk the halls, bring a birth pool (or kiddie pool), and insist on the iv where they just start it in your hand/arm but don't hook you up (forget what it's called) so i could walk.

cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote