Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #1 
Creat

Unhappy Keeping a few fry alive please help

Long story short for those that dont know I was working on a CT breeding pair that went wrong basically the decoy female i had got out ( still no idea how) and breed to my female now she is a doubletail so now I have this weird spawn of CT DBT (excuse me if this is the wrong abbreviation lol) in any case I was planning to cull anything that want remotly close to having great fins however I have come to notice that I have a total of 5 fry.... at least thats all I can count. I know that there are always more then you can see but this is the lowest number free swimmers I have ever had. In any case the few that live ( I am almost sure daddy got hungry) I want to stay alive as they transition to eating the food I feed them. They are in a barebottom tank and today is their third day on the planet and I just removed daddy. The are all hiding in the java moss but are not interested in the microworms I put in there for them. I am worried it wouldnt be much of a loss but rather disappointing if I lost them. Should I go buy some bbs for them? I did a 50% water change today for them also. I really want to keep these few guys alive thats why I started a new thread... any ideas?
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #2 
SashimiBetta

I think you should go out and buy some BBS - Who knows what those little guys will turn out to be. Give em' a chance
SashimiBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #3 
DarkMoon17

Definitely give them a chance. With so few it should be possible to find them homes. They will be fine eating microworms for awhile though. You don't need BBS immediately.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:27 AM   #4 
PewPewPew

Actually, CTDBT's are cool when male P:
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #5 
Creat

I just feel like they have no interest in them, are they just traveling down to the bottom when I'm not looking to eat or are they not interested in them at all? The micro worms will fall by their face and they still dont respond to them? And I do want to give them a chance the females I can always keep and with such few males then they will be easy to home.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #6 
cajunamy
Banned

maybe their yolk sacs are still in place. if the bellies are nice and fat i woldn't worry too much.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Make sure to syphon out what they don't eat or the uneaten food will foul the water.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #8 
Creat

oh I am im doing 50% water changes everyday and their bellies dont look full at least to me...
Old 06-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #9 
betta dude

hmm i havet bred my bettas so i say listen to people how have breed bettas and succseded
betta dude is offline   Reply With Quote