Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #1 
Creat

Talking First timmers CT spawn log !

This will be an attempt at a couple firsts, I decided that I will breed two CT which I have never done, both mom and dad are first time breeders too, and it will be done in a bare bottom tank style which is new for me. I have a ten gal filled about 6 inches of freshwater with a few handfuls of java moss thrown in, heater, air stone, and a sturdy plastic plant. So far the male is flat out obsessed at the female, both of which have been conditioned for a week, however she isnt showing any interest in him (no stress lines, but no breeding bars either). But this is their first day together so we will see how it goes. So far I only have one picture of daddy but hopefully i can get another one of them together soon. Name:  IMG_1221.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  42.4 KB
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #2 
mernincrazy8525

is the female light in color. that might be why she is not showing any stripes or bars. my females never get the bars and they still breed. so when are you introducing them! and what are both of their colorings
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:52 PM   #3 
Creat

I introduced them today, and no the girl is dark in color. And i will get pics soon their color is hard to explain. There both multi-colored however i did pick them for their fins. And I noticed that with my light females too I had a Cambodian girl I just kinda ended up having to guess on.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #4 
Creat

Name:  IMG_1208.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  45.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1205.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  42.2 KB
here are some photo's of mommy. I floated another female in there and all of a sudden she seemed a little more interested in the male, however she is still i guess "bored of him" chasing him a little and going off to look at a rock. I have yet to release her.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #5 
mernincrazy8525

she looks exactly like my female. good luck
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #6 
Creat

well their trying to spawn but the male isnt collecting the eggs that fall :( the female seems to be eating them instead... they have been wrapping for about an hour now we will see how this goes.... he also seems to not be able to squeeze her right... oh another major problem he is spawning with the lure female i had in to try to tempt the other female into spawning.... no idea how she got out
Old 06-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #7 
Creat

Well here is a blurry photo of Hucklberry the male with the girl that got out while I was sleeping, I'm planning on keeping some of the fry if they make it just to see what their like, so far he was bad at keeping the eggs but very good with the fry he is intent on keeping me away and them in their place so I only managed to sneek a pic of one fry who escaped away from the nest.
Name:  IMG_1242.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  46.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1248.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  35.6 KB
Old 06-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #8 
bettalover2033

Oh my gosh! I love breeding! Its exciting!

So how old are the fry? Is the female still in the tank with the male?
The female in the picture above looks like a Doubletail.

Also the parents have beautiful finnage and their rays are perfect. Im happy that you have decided to breed for the greater good of the fins.

Good luck. Keep us updated and take tons of pictures for all to see.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #9 
Creat

Yeah she is a doubletail she snuck out of her jar into the breeding tank and beat the ct female to the act... I was not amused that morning but I sorta want to see what comes out of this though XD and the fry are about a day old and driving daddy crazy.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #10 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
Yeah she is a doubletail she snuck out of her jar into the breeding tank and beat the ct female to the act... I was not amused that morning but I sorta want to see what comes out of this though XD and the fry are about a day old and driving daddy crazy.
Lol. Thats crazy.
I'm guessing that you had two females in the tank for the other female to get jealous and want to spawn right?

Also can you get a picture of the female Double tail Alone? I think she looks so pretty and want to get a closer look.

And, yes i definitely know how that feels: when the father is trying to keep all of the fry in the nest, but they are just tiny uncontrollable springs.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote