Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #1 
Krys

Cheap but good heaters?

I'm looking for cheap but good heaters for small aquariums. like 2-5 gallons.

I hate keeping my bettas in divided tanks because one always seems to get around them somehow, even though i do my best to make sure there are no nooks and crannies they can get through. x(

So I'm thinking 2-5 gallon kritter keeps or even like 2 gallon vases to put them in to keep everyone safe. And it's a lot easier to clean, instead of taking each betta out of a tank, taking the dividers out, siphoning the substrate and water, taking everything out (if i have to), then putting it all back together, adding more water, then adjusting the dividers again, THEN putting the bettas back in... with each one in their own aquarium, i don't have to worry about them getting through dividers, and i can just carry the thing to the sink and be like, betta out, empty water, rinse, rinse, fill, betta. xP take all but 5 minuets for each one, instead of an hour to a whole, ONE whole tank, cause it's just annoying, i'm sure someone out there knows what i mean.

anyway; anyone know of any good heaters that are cheap for this?
I came across this, http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=4455060
does anyone have any experience with it, does it really heat the water up 5-10*F?
Krys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:44 AM   #2 
iLikeBetta808

i have one similar to it. it's a Hydor 7.5w mini heater. i got it for $12. i find that it only works when the water is warm. for example, i put in warm water for water changes. turn on the heater, and the water stays warm. for awhile. i know if it's working if there's small bubbles on the heater.

sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. that's what's frustrating about the small preset heaters. i think it's best to find a 25w that's adjustable. that one that i found is $18, which i will try to get after i go on a trip >_<
iLikeBetta808 is offline   Reply With Quote