Betta Fish Forum banner

New Boy Gillie!

782 views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  rosefoo 
#1 · (Edited)
I just got this lil' guy on Thursday. He is so cute! His name is Gilligan. I call him "Gillie" for short. He has the ten gallon tank all to himself. :-D I love him so much! He loves to lay on his leaf hammock and nap. :lol: The store said he was a double tail but I have a feeling that the gap is a bite mark or a rip. But, I'm sure with a little TLC and clean water it'll heal and grow back nicely.

#11 ·
Yowza! Look at that red! Not a spec of iridescence on him. Very nice.

I think that he has the potential to go full HM if you condition him to. Allowing him to flare daily for 10-20mins will stretch his fins out. Judging by that first pic he already is a super delta so it wouldn't take much to get him to go full HM.

#14 ·
Yep. That's how you get HM babies :) All HM once started out as deltas. Letting the males flare is what gives them their spread. Branching does come into play but more important than branching is the webbing between the branches.. that is what stretches and that is what gives full spread.

Of course it's easier when they're little but it can still be done with adults to a certain extent. Your guy is so close already I wouldn't be surprised if after a few weeks of training he went full HM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.