Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #31 
PitGurl

So sorry about your fry . This has to be totally frustrating for you.

On a more positive note make sure you post pics of your new bettas!
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #32 
HD4life

Awe Im so sorry, I hope things work out the next time around, thats gotta be so disappointing. Its possible the pipes from your bathroom are corroded while the pipes from your sink are not, it may not be a big enough difference to harm your adults but was to much for the fry. you have such a beautiful pair, I really hope you get some fry from them soon.
HD4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #33 
DarkMoon17

Thanks guys, I really wish I had had better news for you D:
We just move so much it's hard to get a feel of the water before I have to subject my fish to it and I haven't had time to build a routine here yet. I am going to assume that either soap got in the bucket or the pipes are somehow corroded. I'm going to take a sample of the tap and tub waters to petco and have them do the full tests on both to compare. When the first batch died I ran a full tests on the tap, the spawning tub (not the tank) and my breeder boy's tank with everything coming up perfect (except pH a bit high 7.5-7.8) and consistent.

If the pipes are corroded then the tub water should have a different hardness reading right?

Sadly, my new ones aren't coming today for reasons unknown to me-I paid for overnight shipping so they should have been here by 10am but apparently they were still in FL this morning. Soooo today is not my happiest fish day BUT NIB's fry are just so darn cute I'll just have to go do a photo shoot of them so I don't take my anger out on the transhipper C:
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #34 
Nymmers

Who'd you pick for a transhipper? Mine came at 1:45, I was starting to get worried because my tracker ALL DAY said they were still in GA, then they were here! NIB's fry aren't here yet and she shipped them Monday. So I'm not sure what's going on there.
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #35 
DarkMoon17

I used Jennifer who said she would mail them Tuesday- the post office says that the last tracking spot was at 7:15 this morning in Jacksonville FL but Jennifer never sent me a tracking number. I stopped by the post office 30 minutes ago with no luck. They know me as the fish lady and they have my phone # in case they do show up...

If you used priority for NIB's they probably won't come until tomorrow, but they should be ok.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #36 
Nymmers

That's odd.

Well my tracker for NIBs fry says June 15th by 3:00PM, not a big deal, just hate for them to be in the box that long! Haha.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #37 
DarkMoon17

I know what you mean! THey are really sturdy fish though so they should be ok if they don't arrive until tomorrow. She shipped mine on a Tue and they didn't arrive until Fri but they were all colored up within minutes of being taken out of the box!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #38 
PitGurl

That is weird that Jennifer didn't send a tracking. She is usually on top of things. My girl will be here tomorrow. I was going to use priority this time but then got freaked out about the heat, it's 99 degrees here today. I changed to express at the last minute and added a cool pack. I'm also having her held for pickup. I have to work so I don't want her sitting outside. I'm looking forward to photos of everyones new bettas!
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #39 
DarkMoon17

I actually did the same thing, I changed to express last second just in case. According to Jennifer and the post office, they were guaranteed by 3pm today, obviously they aren't here. I don't know if there is any way for me to fight that or if I have any legal rights regarding the guaranteed time as I've never had that problem but I am just worried about the fish. I really hope they get here tomorrow... The last checkpoint was 7 am in FL. Why they were in FL I have no idea.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #40 
Nymmers

It is very weird they were in Florida, unless she has your address wrong? Mine were in GA, then in IL that was it (at least by checkpoints anyway)