Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #1 
Ianthe

Talking Caught my husband playing chase with Princess today!

So my husband is WONDERFUL...but has never been too big a fan of bringing MORE fish into the house...(our daughter already has a ten gallon tropical tank)...He wasn't thrilled when I let our 4 year old bring home a Betta about a month ago. "Princess" (a boy, lol!) has completely re-ignited my love for Bettas (Which I used to keep all the time), and I already want a few more. I thought I was out of luck, but tonight when we were tucking our daughter in, I caught him "playing" with Princess, having him chase his finger around, etc.... he even said he was "A cool fish, like a dog". LOL. So, woohoo!!!.....maybe there are more on the horizon for us!!! :)

Last edited by Ianthe; 06-13-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Ianthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #2 
Sakura8

Haha . . . my poor first betta when I was in second or third grade was a beautiful red veil tail (about all they had back then were veil tails). And I named him Princess Rose. Sadly, Princess Rose did not last long because back then no one knew you could feed bettas pellets. All they had was frozen brine shrimp and a second-grader does NOT want to handle that slimy stuff. So I'm sure I never fed him enough or changed his water right either. Sigh. I still feel bad about that and it encourages me to be a better betta owner now.

But the fish future is looking good for you, Ianthe. Tip: Just never get your husband hooked on Oscars. If he thinks a betta is like a dog, he'd get a kick out of how tame Oscars can get.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote