Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #11 
nowzem

If it could even be possible that its TB, he needs to be immediately removed from the classroom and almost assuredly euthanized. TB is NOT something to mess around with. It can be transmitted to humans and can cause death, especially in children. That is a serious issue.
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #12 
vaygirl

I thought I read that fish TB caused something to grow inside the fish? I forget what they're called but they cause the deformation from inside the fish. So, bloating wouldn't be surprising, especially in TB that's been going on for a while. Granuloma? I think that was it. I hope that's not what it is but there's really no way of knowing for sure.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #13 
Oldfishlady

Fish TB (Mycobacterium marinum) is not the same TB in humans (Tuberculosis)...Fish TB can be transmitted to humans but this is rare...very rare.....and when it is...it is in the form of a wound usually on the hands/arm area due to an open wound on the hobbyist and point of entry.....

Fish TB-usually presents itself as wasting, open wounds, crooked spine among other signs/symptoms....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #14 
nowzem

Ahh, thanks OFL, I didn't know it was different. I hadn't read that, only that it was TB and transmitable to humans. They prob shouldn't call it TB then...since its Mycobacterium tuberculosis, which is of course the bacterium causing TB, which is deadly... :) and the fish one is NOT TB. Anyways, sorry about that :)
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #15 
Murka

Poor fish

I think that disease is dropsy?
Murka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #16 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murka View Post
I think that disease is dropsy?
Well, dropsy isn't a disease so much as a symptom of a disease. But you're right, when they get that bloated and when the scales pinecone, it's dropsy.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #17 
PewPewPew

He doesnt seem to be pineconing though, which is why I think its some sort of blockage or maybe a tumor like OFL said :C
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #18 
Sakura8

I'm really, really, really hoping it's a blockage or parasites, something that can be cleared out. Really, really, REALLY hoping.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote