Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #1 
smellsfishie

Divider fail!

So did a 3 way divider on my 10 g and put my 2 HMPK males on each side with the middle left empty for my 3rd male, coming later this month... UMMM yeah... Today, one of my guys was in the middle section. Good thing my new guy wasn't in there. Thinking I need to re-think this set up...

Name:  Bettas and tanks 091.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  56.3 KB
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #2 
nowzem

That jerk LOL. That happened to me too...I'm gonna be upset if I come home and my bettas are torn up because they feel the need to roam! Try lowering the water, or one member suggested putting mesh over the top of the dividers so they can't jump! I may do that just because I panic. I think PKs are even more likely to jump due to their shorter fins (they are therefore more maneuverable!)
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #3 
smellsfishie

yeah, he is a jerk! haha... He is so flipping aggressive too. He can't even be housed with a SNAIL! Poor snail... I am going to try lowering the water. The lid actually presses down on the dividers so they bend slightly, so I don't see HOW he actually jumped over... he shouldn't have any room! But... Whatever. I could try the mesh, but again as stated in my other thread, I am lazy, and don't want to fuss with it every day for feeding... :( lol... I think eventually I will put him in a 3g I have, ALONEEEEE... >_<
Old 06-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #4 
nowzem

Yup I know what you mean! I thought the same about feeding with the mesh (o..O)

I also thought the same about putting him in a 3g! (Well, his own tank) and THAT frees up room for another betta, yay! :D

I hope none of my new ones are gonna be crazy jumpers. (>_>)
Old 06-07-2011, 10:51 PM   #5 
PewPewPew

For the possibility of going over the top, I buy craft mesh (so I can wreck things and not feel guilty LOLOL) and cut it to the right side size, but leave a sort of halfmoon shape at the top, cut down so it almost touches the top of my lid. That way, no one can jump over.

For the sections that are near the feeding flap, I cut them down just enough to not be an issue. :V
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #6 
nowzem

Pew, can I get a pic of that? I'm not visualizing it... (x_x)
Old 06-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #7 
PewPewPew

Once The power comes back on, sure, its not in my tank atm but youll see what I mean :)
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #8 
Nymmers

When I first put my dividers up I used screen/mesh and later that day (after I went to work, I put them in the night before, they were fine all night and morning) Aponi was in Apo's tank and they were fighting. But they were doing it in such a subtle way, I had to take a double take before I actually realized he was in the other side! So I quickly went out and bought some craft mesh and switched it out, I have it tall enough it bends when the light is on, and wide enough it bends lightly against the glass.

I hope you figure it out!
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #9 
smellsfishie

Apache, who got "out" is more aggressive than Oscar, the other guy. Apache can't even live with a snail... and coooonstantly flares at his reflection in the glass. He can't live with any other fish, I am 100% positive he would kill them, since I tried housing him with fish once and he pretty much had a death wish on one of them... so i had to separate them out... Oscar, on the other hand, is sharing his divided section (temporarily!) with a panda cory and 3 threadfin rainbows. And he doesn't bother any of them. But if another male flares at him, he flares back, with less gusto than the other. Maybe I just have too many males. sigh... Boys. ::rolls eyes::
Old 06-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #10 
bettafish15

One of my guys got into the other side one time, but it was because of the gap in between the tank wall and the divider I hadnt noticed, so I'd check that ^^
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote