Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #1 
Kato Aaron

Petsmart..

I went to petsmart for a female betta and upon getting to the section i notice teeny tiny female bettas. They were only about an inch and a half excluding their tail. I noticed a really cute red female and next to her (the tiniest one of all at no longer than 1 1/3 inch body length not counting tail) an adorable blue cambodian. I fell in love. She was really active. Then I looked over and noticed a cute black mustard gas female giving me the stare down. She was one of the biggest ( still not super huge. about 1 3/4 inches) i told myself no but there was a connection that i couldn't deny!
So I left with 2 females. The Mustard Gas female named Paradox and the little one (nicknamed "Little Bit" for now) are all nestled in now. They both eat easily though Paradox flees from the surface when my hand is over her.

This is code name Little bit

She is very bold. She isn't scared of Lyla at all. Lyla is like 2x her size. She loves blood worms. She eats them up. She doesn't stress easily and she's a strong little thing. I've had her for no more than 2 1/2 hrs and i love her to death!

Blurry size comparison

Clear-ish

This picture was an accident but these are Paradox's colours

Really big pictures D: Im sorry 'bout that :p
Kato Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:16 AM   #2 
Punki

Ive noticed every female ive seen at petsmart/petco are all only a little over an inch (excluding fins) or smaller, im starting to think they really are just alot smaller then males! Lyla and little bit are both pretty in totally different ways, little bit is so innocent and angelic looking and lyla looks like she could kick some butt, she looks tough :)) Both beautiful though.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #3 
Kato Aaron

Thank you ^-^ they do seem opposite, lol.
Kato Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote