Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #1 
Creat

Exclamation Whats wrong with his mouth...

Poor boy, its Hope(less/full) again. He got these little red spots around his mouth and it looks like its swelling a little.... I also got a body shot to show his main major wound thats been healing... He was doing so well... He got his water changed today thats when I noticed it... that and he is hiding a lot more recently and he didnt want to eat this morning.
Name:  IMG_1339.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  38.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1340.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  46.2 KB
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #2 
bearwithfish

in case you are wondering i moved the other posts in this thread for a few reasons.
please see your PM's for further details
bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

He looks to be in pretty rough shape.....what is the current treatment and/or treatment tried and tank stats......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #4 
Creat

I got him a few weeks ago after he was kept with other males he had open wounds but they started healing I was worried it had a fungus but with a little warmth and tlc he seemed to heal just fine he started chasing my pufferfish back and forth and would follow my movements now he just sits and wont take food, this is the first time he wont take any food.
He is in a 1 gallon bowl heated with a little aq salt added which I was adding for his wounds and torn fins. He is about 78* right now and rising. He also has started floating on his side....
also his water is changed every other day 100% and was changed today

Last edited by Creat; 06-08-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #5 
Creat

he also looks like me might start to be pine-conning... i feel bad i dont know what i missed... he keeps floating onto one side when he relaxes I cant get a photo of it my computer is being weird

Last edited by Creat; 06-08-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #6 
Oldfishlady

I would get him in some Epsom salt 2tsp/gal and tannins....QT in something smaller that can be floated in the heated tank...76-77F-cover the top with plastic veggie wrap to retain heat and humidity

Pre-mix the treatment water in a 1gal jug of dechlorinated water-add the Epsom salt 2tsp/gal and tannins-either IAL or dried oak leaf and use this water for 100% daily water changes in the QT.....

Good luck and keep us posted...sadly once pinecone shows up he may be in system shut down.......
Old 06-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #7 
Creat

alright I will try epsom salt now the pine conning isnt to bad or it might just be cause im being a paranoid parent ... thank you for the help... do you have any idea why he has red spots on his mouth?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #8 
Oldfishlady

Hard to say....but by the looks of him and his history......stress along with open wounds that led to compromised immune response and that set him up for any pathogen to attack....

I would also turn off the light and provide a quite peaceful space...sometimes once the stress is reduced and they are given the tools to rebuild their immune response they will recover...clean water, good nutrition, tanned dark water, dim lit, Epsom salt and time.......
Old 06-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #9 
Creat

Hmm alright... well he has been bouncing back and forth since I got him so I am not to surprised but today he was just worse then before. ..
Old 06-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #10 
Oldfishlady

He sounds like a strong willed fella......hope he improve for you.....