Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #1 
SillyCone

Unhappy Disappointed on my LFS

Their tanks are great and usually I find dead fish just 1-2 days after the new stock arrival, but today the female bettas were the worse :(

I went there just to buy plants but only today there were none left T_T
Then, to not miss my trip I decided to enjoy looking at the tanks, which are lovely (maybe I will take pictures of them) so I went to look at the female bettas, in which live in a sonority tank with some other fishes;

there were 2 bodies and a decapitated head of bettas on the tank..

Not only that;

I saw 3 with extreme fin rot, nipped fins and lacking some colours...

And I'm talking to a fry-young adult females!

But the last one was just sad... She had EXTREME pop-eye infection, she barely was moving and when she tried to move slightly one of the other females would bite her =/

She will probably die in a day or two;

I asked them how much would they charge me if I take 3 sickest ones, but the owner said "You have to talk with ----- because I don't think you can take them because we are treating them".. How do you treat a sick fish in a sonority tank with different types of fish with different needs and some with different illnesses? =/

That was just sad, they told me to come back tomorrow morning so we could decide what to do, in which I probably will, I think I will snap some photos for you guys.. =/

I didn't want any more live stock but denying a dying living being in my front when I can have and treat it is just not my type =/

----------------------------------------------------------------------

But! They said they were sick because they arrived last monday, so they are not to blame, totally :P. (Although I don't know who accept a shipment of sick/dying fish)

Aaaand, I didn't know there are species of freshwater crabs! They sell there for 4 each... I'm so buying one (the last one) tomorrow as well xD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost forgot;

They also had a male with the same colours as some of the females (so I think its from the same shipment) that was reaaaally in bad conditions and traces of finrot, he was in a tank with other fishes.. but they were nibbing his fins <_< she said he was already sold so she was keeping him there waiting for the owner to pick him up.. =/
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #2 
RobertTheFish

Good luck with that. Keep us posted.
RobertTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #3 
SillyCone

I went there and I remember more or less seeing around 10 females (including the bodies) on the tank, now there's like only 2 today =/

They aren't selling any because they are sick... but dammit!!!! I told them I could get them and take care, if would pick the sickest 3! In those conditions they died =/

Makes me feel so angry and sad at the same time =/

I also didn't find the crab but I wouldn't buy it anyway, I'm too lazy to adapt my tank for it to live in xD

But I bought the plants! They aren't great cus were the last ones (and they are kinda dying-ish :P
but the my fishes loved it so it's worthy nevertheless =]
Old 06-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #4 
Murka

Wow. Don't they want the sick fish off their hands? You'd treat them fine, and pet store and get some healthy one's...
Murka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #5 
SillyCone

nah the owners actually treat the fish properly, I do think they came out sick, was the first time I saw real sick fish in the tanks, as I said, sometimes we see dead fish 1-2 days after they arrive but this last pack of bettas was a shame, big one, they were all sick =/

And no, it would be bad for their name to hand over a sick fish, so they don't. They sold me once a female with finrot, she finished her treatment a few days ago and she's happy on my 10G now =P