Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #1 
HD4life

Introduced the female

Ok I introduced my female to the spawn tank, Chester has been in it for 4 days now, we had discusions on his bubble nest building and figured he may need a little more encouragment. Its a no go so far . He is now far to busy flaring and chasing her to even think about his nest, its been 4 hours and I havent seen him visit it once. She has plenty of cover so he hasnt injured her at all, I guess I just have to wait it out and see how it goes unless he starts getting too aggresive. I must admit this is really hard lol, I was able to get 2 spawns when i was 16 and didnt have much a clue what I was doing. Now with more knowlege and way more prepared, I cant get anything to happen.
HD4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #2 
HD4life

They are both thoroughly enjoying the mosquito larva fiest, Chester looks like he should be popping out the eggs lol, he is occationally letting her come out of hiding to eat with him but i think its just because he's to distracted being pigish.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #3 
Smr2892

when I first put Little Miss in the spawning tank, Prince's bubblenest was about the size of my pinky nail. After theu started spawning he worked on it inbetween bouts and grew to about the size of a dime. When he finally started catching eggs he kept trying to stuff them ALL in it. *laughs* silly boy. Today it's almost completely covering the bottom of the styrofoam cup. I think it finally occured to him that he HAD to make it bigger. I say don't worry about the nest too much :)
Smr2892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #4 
HD4life

YAY!!! Im so happy, He finally picked up on working with his nest, I have a feeling I will get to start a spawn log tomorrow
Old 06-09-2011, 02:01 AM   #5 
Smr2892

Yay!!!!
Smr2892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:09 AM   #6 
HD4life

Now how on earth am I supposed to sleep! Lol it's 2 am but I can't take my eyes off them. Ishka is getting much more active, coming out of hiding, and Chester is really working on his nest. I just know if I leave they will do something.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #7 
DarkMoon17

From the sounds of it they might spawn soon!
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good luck and keep us posted.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote