Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #1 
LeroyTheBetta

Leroy's poor fins

He's still got the fungus spot on his side and now the tips of his fins are breaking off. He had been looking pretty drab in the last couple weeks and I started to treat him with salt, extra wc's, and a tiny bit warmer... 81 or so. Lady at the fish shop recommended a different medication than I was treating him with for the fungus. I did have him in a small container with triple sulpha, but she recommended something with malachite green, methelyne blue, and something else... can't remember right now. She gave me 50 ml of it in a fish bag to use. I believe the brand is Aqua Master and it's called Multi Cure. Poor Leroy... he looks so pathetic. :(
LeroyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #2 
LeroyTheBetta

It looks like Leroy may be "checking out" soon. :( He's just at the top in his container, very listless, not very responsive, didn't eat. My poor little buddy. Can't really do anything more for him.
LeroyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #3 
Punki

Oh no! Im sorry to hear this. I hope he bounces back for you and you get some more help soon =[
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #4 
Sakura8

Be careful with medications that have malachite green - it's toxic and can stain/harm you if you come in contact with it.

If you feel you need to help Leroy find peace (sorry, I just can't say euthanize so easily), just ask and we'll help you with some humane ways. I'm so sorry Leroy hasn't gotten better. It sounds like a pretty tenacious fungus has gotten him. If there's anything else, don't hesitate to post and ask.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote