Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #1 
Nymmers

bettas, heat, and car?

I'm going to Indianapolis on Thursday for the NBM show (I'm a graphic designer at my job, and the boss would like for us to go, even though she's been so.. bleh lately) So I'm taking the finance and leaving early, well while up there I would like to stop at PetCo before the show, and buy a few female ladies, I really don't want to leave them in the car, would PetCo hold on to them? (as long as I pay for them of course!)

or is there a safe way to keep them in the car, a cooler or something perhaps? (Indi is the closest PetCo to my town, and it is 1hr and 30min away!)
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #2 
russalka

I'd ask Petco to hold them for you.
russalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #3 
Arashi Takamine

I'd ask to hold them after you pay for them. They'll put them together in a little cup cluster with a note attatched to the lids with a note saying their owner will arrive shortly. At least that's what my petco did when I bought my first two. I didn't want to be carrying their cups through out the store so she put them by the sink with the note.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #4 
YoshesMom

they would be prefectly fine in the car get one of those cheap styrofoam coolers and if its REALLY hot you could put a cold pack in there under a couple layers of newspaper so it dosent get to cold when i went to portland a few days ago I got my fish before the parade and the store put his bag inside a paper bag and i left him in the car under the dash board for like 4 hours and then the drive home was two hours more and he did fine i even forgot to crack the window...shame on me...but the cooler is cheap and it can be something you leave in your car for "emergency " fish purchases
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #5 
1fish2fish

As someone who works in retail I would never let a customer leave a product promising to return later, even if they'd paid. There's just too many variables. What if the person who agrees to keep the fish leaves and forgets to tell the incoming person? Also how (unless it's the same person) will they be able to prove you purchased the fish?

The easier option would be to get a cooler like yoshi mentioned. Even down here where cars can get into the hundreds when it's hot out a fish would be fine in a cooler with an ice pack or two.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #6 
Nymmers

I'll swing buy and get one then, is it something similar to putting worms in I suspect, probably in the same area? (only larger of course) My wal-mart moves everything contstantly. The high for thursday (as of right now) is 88 F, with 30% chance of storms, low is 68%
Old 06-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #7 
1fish2fish

That's not bad at all. An insulated cooler or even an insulated lunch box, bag, etc will work fine.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #8 
Nymmers

Now that I think about it, I have an insulated box that I had my ship fished in, would this work too, with a cooler? And what type of cooler, one you snap and gets cold or would that get too cold?
Old 06-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #9 
1fish2fish

Insulated box will work. You could even ask them to bag the fish and carry it with you in your purse/bag
Old 06-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #10 
YoshesMom

if you do get it bagged ask them to tape the corners just for extra safety but 88 isnt that high dont forget to crack them window ( like i forgot )
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote