Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #1 
Sarahlydear

Lighting

Hello everyone. :)
I have a 5gal Critter Carrier that I'm going to be putting my betta in, right now it's being cycled (the shrimp method) so there's not a huge rush I just started 6-6-2011, so about 4weeks (approx.) until I add the betta.
In this tank I plan on having live plants to look nice, provide stimulation (growth/change) and to absorb dangerous chemicals (or whatever you want to call them) in the water. The thing is that because it's not an actual aquarium I don't have anywhere to put a light on top. So I was thinking about just putting one of these light bulbs in a desk lamp and leaning the bulb holding part over the aquarium during the day (or whenever I set up the routine) and then at night I may just use it for studying. (I'm going to be a college student)
Would these be a good idea? If not can you suggest something else that would be? Thanks. :)

http://americanaquariumproducts.com/PowerCompact.html
Sarahlydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #2 
newbie32

I think the light set up looks good, but I'm not an expert. Do be careful about heat. Make sure the light won't heat your tank up too much when it's on. Don't want to fry poor fishy.
newbie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #3 
Bettalover22

I would put a low watt bulb in it, get a thermometer & keep an eye on the water temp before u put the betta in. that way u will know if it will work.
Bettalover22 is offline   Reply With Quote