Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-10-2011, 12:26 AM   #1 
PewPewPew

Unhappy High Risk website blocked from the forum

Lately, as Ive searched around the forum, my virus blocker's been alerting me that a "High Risk website" has been found on this site via google analytics, with various MAL/HTML GEN-A's as well as other .gens coming from it.

I usually dont get this, and was wondering if other members have? Its not the forum's fault, its something google's doing.

It does this every single time I refresh a page or go on a new one on this site.

And should I tell the Admin? :O
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:33 AM   #2 
metalbetta

There was one time that Norton notified me of something trying to attack the computer from this website... I'd say something to the admin.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #3 
PewPewPew

I think I will.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:47 AM   #4 
PewPewPew

Sent. I hope it gets fixed. Sometimes this happens, I just dont want anyone without good protection maybe getting hurt by whatever this thing is :/
Old 06-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #5 
Burd

I hope the admins can do something about it, being that it's coming from google advertising. If you catch it again, you might consider reporting it directly to google. I'm sure they don't want ads on their network that are malware.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #6 
Wyvern

Just get 2 programmes - spybot and malwarebytes. There is a small chance that its malware or adware that your pc is picking up. Those are small downloads and they work wonders for picking up malware. I even use malwarebytes to remove viruses from friends pc's who doesnt have anti virus installed. Remember all antivirus software lets thru something. I run my antivirus constantly and still spybot and malwarebytes have found stuff on my pc.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #7 
1fish2fish

Do you have adblock installed? (If you use firefox). That's helped me on other forums.

On my dog forum once we kept getting loads of malicious software coming through google ads... at one point they had to take the whole site down for a couple weeks to fix everything.

If you see it again navigate away from the page quickly and also make sure your anti-virus and anti-spyware software is all up to date.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've gotten a few alerts, too but not lately. Pew, I think it was a good idea to notify Admin about it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #9 
PewPewPew

I did! :D Mike (Admin) let me know that it's actually my virus protection, Sophos, derped out and began to accidentally and mistakenly perceive a non-virus as a virus.

Silly sophos. They posted about it today on their Site, and its fixed! :D

Thank you, Admins :B
Old 06-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #10 
frogipoi

It is fixed? Thats good. I just got back to the site of about 6 months of silence. I didn't want to get a virus. Or my computer yell at me. Go admin!
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote