Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #11 
Wyvern

Hey and thanks :D The yellow ones I had to get (paid a small fortune for them but worth it) they are rare here, its the first time Ive ever seen completely yellow ones.

I added some water but not that much about 10% on that day - its never happened to me before so was just freaked. I had to just clean out some of the plants that rotted on me - I have to remember not to get plants at the one fish place near me, they tend to melt and get icky fast. Also had to move a few to the front since it was getting sucked onto the filter intake that blocked it and I think it caused some bubbles since it was almost completely blocked :S

Its all nice and clean now, did a mini water change to get rid of the manky plant bits that was floating all over the show. Will get some hair grass now cos there is now an empty spot under the filter intake that is driving me insane!

I got very lucky with most of my plants - they are hard to come by here and found an aquarist that had plenty and willing to sell them to me. My brother and I spent about R100 on my plants and his = between the two of us we shared it equally except for the vallis. That was MINE! Im now waiting for some corkscrew vallis but might only get it later in the year since its winter now and all the guys are moaning about struggling to get plants.

Im waiting to see what colours my girls will be and then I might change my one lamp in the tank to a pinkish colour that the guy who grows his own plants told me to get - it apparently boosts the plant growth a lot.

I have to admit the guppies are now my second favourite fish after Betta's :P I only have males in the tank, we accidently chose a female and an hour later rushed back to swop her for a male, cos all the boys where chasing her like mad!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #12 
frogipoi

Your guppies are pretty! How are your Cts?
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #13 
Wyvern

they are growing slowly, I will only see them on the 24th tho, otherwise I get to see pics of them when the breeder sends them to me :D
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote