Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #11 
Genesis

Well, filter's off for the time being, and Genesis is in his new home.
I'm surprised; he's not clamped or anything, and he ate when I gave him a pellet. I thought for sure he'd be freaking out or something, but I guess he's just liking his new space.

One thing I have noticed is he tried to squeeze behind the filter. And did so at the bottom successfully. I'm positive he can't fit through the tighter spots (it's suctioned to the side of the tank, and there's really no room between tank and filter at the top), so I guess there's not a whole lot to worry about.

...He's also completely terrified of the lamp, I think, so I'll be leaving that off, too. lol
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #12 
SaylorKennedy

Hey Genesis, I was wondering if you could do me a favo?r I would be super grateful if you could take a picture of the top of the tank, or at least see the back where the filter/heater cords come out. I'm going to try to see if I can fit a nano HOB filter on the back of this tank and everyone else seems to usually have the 5 but I like the 3 more. That would be cool if you did that for me. :)
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #13 
Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaylorKennedy View Post
Hey Genesis, I was wondering if you could do me a favo?r I would be super grateful if you could take a picture of the top of the tank, or at least see the back where the filter/heater cords come out. I'm going to try to see if I can fit a nano HOB filter on the back of this tank and everyone else seems to usually have the 5 but I like the 3 more. That would be cool if you did that for me. :)
Here you go.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #14 
Splendid Veil

i have the same tank, and you can control the filter, at the bottom, there is a switch, and you can lower, or increase the intake and flow.
Splendid Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #15 
SaylorKennedy

Oh thanks so much, that's a perfect shot! Your tank looks good btw! Hope Genesis likes it. :)
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #16 
Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Veil View Post
i have the same tank, and you can control the filter, at the bottom, there is a switch, and you can lower, or increase the intake and flow.
I switched it over to low before putting it in, and the intake wasstill too strong. =/
Old 06-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #17 
soccerdog693

I have found sponges around the intake are GREAT for slowing down the filter. Mine has a cylindrical intake, so I use a fluval edge pre-filter sponge and not only does it slow down the current, but it protects those little fins. Maybe you can somehow stick an unused sponge on there with a rubber band or something?
soccerdog693 is offline   Reply With Quote