Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #11 
HestonFan23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Your mom's betta may be a King betta. They're really big with shorter tails.
He could be. His tails are really long. They are really skinny and branch off in tons of different directions. She also bought him at Wal-Mart.
HestonFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #12 
Sakura8

Oh, then he's a crowntail.

I don't know if king bettas come in crowntails. Maybe he's just a really, really big betta.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #13 
SnowySurface

Yeah, it's the water. In the first picture Bo looked a little pale, but by the third picture his color was much deeper. I brought Snowy because I liked how white he was. Now he's a mix of green and blue. A similar thing happened with Luigi. I named him Luigi because he was green and I had a red betta already who I named Mario. By the end of the third month he changed from green to steel blue.

It would have been kind of cool if Snowy stayed white and Luigi stayed green, but I don't mind them changing colors if it means they are healthier. Unfortunately, their names no longer make any sense when people see them. Add that to the fact that I didn't take pictures of them the day I brought them and you get a bunch of people who think I suck at naming fish. T_T
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #14 
Grundylady

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
Yeah, it's the water. In the first picture Bo looked a little pale, but by the third picture his color was much deeper. I brought Snowy because I liked how white he was. Now he's a mix of green and blue. A similar thing happened with Luigi. I named him Luigi because he was green and I had a red betta already who I named Mario. By the end of the third month he changed from green to steel blue.

It would have been kind of cool if Snowy stayed white and Luigi stayed green, but I don't mind them changing colors if it means they are healthier. Unfortunately, their names no longer make any sense when people see them. Add that to the fact that I didn't take pictures of them the day I brought them and you get a bunch of people who think I suck at naming fish. T_T
lol I hear that. So true.
Grundylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #15 
lovebug009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post

same thing happened to my cellophane that had a few light black spots on his tail, almost 3 months later he is 3/4 black and just a little cellophane. I had named him Elric after Elric of Melnibone, the albino sorcerer, but now he is PePe LePew because he grew a black mustache so I thought he looked like a French character, but now it is outlining his whole mouth, so I give up...:)-........
lovebug009 is offline   Reply With Quote