Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #1 
Magickarp05

What Are You Reading Now?

I apologize if this thread already exists, but I didn't see one like it on the first pages of The Lounge, so I decided to start my own. Please, feel free to share with everyone what book you're currently reading, why decided to read it, and what you think of it so far. I'll go first.

The book I'm reading right now is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I decided to read it because I thought I would find the main character relatable, but now I'm actually just worried if I come off as pathetic as she does. Overall, though, it's pretty good book and I've only wanted to throw it off my balcony twice the entire time I've been reading it.

How about you guys?
Magickarp05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #2 
Johnny579

I am currently reading insurgent by veronica roth. Im huge fan of the apocalypse genre. Mad Max 2 the Road Warrior will always be my favorite movie of all time and i will be first in line next year when Mad Max Fury Road comes out. I do recomend the Divergent trilogy its one of the best post apocalypse stories in years.
Johnny579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:32 PM   #3 
Tolak

Disintegration by Eugene Robinson.
Tolak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #4 
countyrd419

I am reading John Grishams' latest novel called "Gray Mountain." I have all of his books except the children's series.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #5 
Nova betta

harry potter for te 6th time lol
Nova betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #6 
Magickarp05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny579
I am currently reading insurgent by veronica roth. Im huge fan of the apocalypse genre. Mad Max 2 the Road Warrior will always be my favorite movie of all time and i will be first in line next year when Mad Max Fury Road comes out. I do recomend the Divergent trilogy its one of the best post apocalypse stories in years.
Not really a fan of the whole dystopian trend myself. I tried reading The Hunger Games a while back and absolutely hated it. I thought the writing was terrible. I'll give The Maze Runner or The Giver a try, though, since those two are older and much better known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolak
Disintegration by Eugene Robinson.
I've actually not heard of that. What is it about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countyrd419
I am reading John Grishams' latest novel called "Gray Mountain." I have all of his books except the children's series.
Grisham is a great writer. I love his work. It always bugs me when I hear people compare him to James Patterson, although I did used to like Patterson as well. But their two styles are so different, they aren't even comparable, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova betta
harry potter for te 6th time lol
Which book? I read OotP so many times in high school, I have it memorized and cringe whenever I look at it. I've ruined that book for myself.
Magickarp05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #7 
Johnny579

The giver is a great book I read it a long time ago and loved it. I cant comment on maze runner other than I liked the movie. And YES! Finally someone else who hates the hunger games, i cant stand them.
Johnny579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #8 
Nova betta

the fourth one :)
Nova betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:56 PM   #9 
Tolak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickarp05 View Post
I've actually not heard of that. What is it about?
Pretty interesting book on the changes in black America over the years, the evolution of the social & economic groups & such.

Just finished The Survival Medicine Handbook by Joseph & Amy Alton, while it does apply to human situations many medications used for fish were originally designed for use in humans. This for me is similar to what I'm working on in regards to dog-fish food, surprising what you can find when researching alternatives.
Tolak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #10 
starlight910

I'm sort of reading a book (I finished but I'm reading the author's notes on it) it is called "The Book of Lost Things" by John Connolly. I just thought it looked interesting so I decided to read it. I did enjoy it, it gave me a different perspective of fairy tales because it was a dark fairy tale.
starlight910 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
books