Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #10051 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
To answer Diablo's question: Socalfinest is not Midnight Bettas. The ip addresses don't match.
That whole Landon thing was crazy. :/ I can't believe scammers are even using bettas to get their dirty money. *shakes fist at scammers* My grandmother was scammed out of $40,000 or more. And she refused to believe anyone when we finally found out and told her it was a scam. Someone called and told her she'd won the Canadian lottery but she had to pay the taxes first before she could collect the money. And then of course, they needed just a few thousand more, and a few thousand more . . . I could regretfully go on and on about how easily taken she is by scammers and even legitimate businesses (alarm company fiasco, the satellite dish mess . . .)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:04 AM   #10052 
morrothewhitewolf

@Tisia- First watched Life of Brian with my father as well.. It was awkward to say the least. >///<

@Sakura- Yeah! Spamalot the Musical is AMAZING. I saw it in London with my parents. Mama didn't remember a lot of the jokes from The Holy Grail so she thought it was hilarious. Papa and I were quoting it sometimes, despite the fact we've never seen the play but we had seen the movie so much that we knew the jokes. T'was still fun though.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother though.. 40 thou? That's insane. and cruel. Some people are straight up evil. Although I'm confused as to how they're using Bettas. Could you explain?
morrothewhitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:08 AM   #10053 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrothewhitewolf View Post
@Tisia- First watched Life of Brian with my father as well.. It was awkward to say the least. >///<

@Sakura- Yeah! Spamalot the Musical is AMAZING. I saw it in London with my parents. Mama didn't remember a lot of the jokes from The Holy Grail so she thought it was hilarious. Papa and I were quoting it sometimes, despite the fact we've never seen the play but we had seen the movie so much that we knew the jokes. T'was still fun though.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother though.. 40 thou? That's insane. and cruel. Some people are straight up evil. Although I'm confused as to how they're using Bettas. Could you explain?
I watched the first half of Jerry Maguire with my parents, I ended up leaving during the sex scene cause it was just a bit too awkward, lol

there was some guy who "sold" his fish to 2 different people, then made some excuses about how he couldn't return the money because it wasn't a verified account
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:09 AM   #10054 
Sakura8

Yup, I loved the musical. You're so lucky you got to see it in London. I saw it just last year at the Sacramento Music Circus.

Oh, sorry, I was confusing. No, she wasn't scammed with bettas. That was some other unfortunate person on the forum. My grandma was scammed by a guy in Canada who claimed she had won the Canadian lottery and just needed to pay the taxes before he could send her the million dollars. We had to change her phone number and give control of her bank account to my dad and uncle before we could finally put a stop to her sending "Peter" money. Peter was the name of the guy in Canada. And yup, forty thou at least. May have been more but that's what the grand total was when we finally found out about it.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:41 AM   #10055 
fishcurl

On behalf of Canada, I apologize. I'm really sorry a Canadian did this to your grandmother. If I knew who he was, I'd get the business end of a moose to sit on him and fart once for every dollar he stole >:(

Goodnight all. I'm stumbling off to bed. Congrats on the 1000th post!
fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:46 AM   #10056 
Sakura8

Night Fishcurl. Oh, I don't blame Canadians, don't worry. I blame my gullible grandmother who wouldn't believe us when we told her it was a scam. And Granny is part French-Canadian anyway (born in Saskatchewan 91 yrs ago).

Edit: Just reread your post and noticed the part about the moose. Thanks, Fishcurl.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #10057 
Tisia

my little CT boy is getting some polka dots on his sides, lol

Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #10058 
SassyBetta

AWWWW sooo cute that bettas all clear and crystal like soo cute i love :)
SassyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:44 AM   #10059 
Yuuie

hi all back from a weird night at work still slightly amazed at it all and you made 1000 with me O.O.
cute picture of the ct and scammers eep. those are never good.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:46 AM   #10060 
morrothewhitewolf

awww tisia hes so cute! anyway i'm off to bed nao... g'night all!
morrothewhitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese