Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #10221 
Neil D

Not to post "Mac" stuff again but"

Im sitting next to my dad's Dell Latitude E6510 and it is LOUD! The only real sound my mac makes is the hard disk drive and if I'm using iMovie or something a lot, the fans to keep my macbook cool...haha the starkness...
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #10222 
diablo13

Sorry, I was Fixing something in my house. Copper, she's amazing! And that's a very good cage size, mine is 2 feet long, 2 feet high, and 1 foot wide, but he is half her size......it's awesome of you to take her in, the poor thing. And night fighter!
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #10223 
copperarabian

My friends are the really the amazing ones, they did the hardest part when she was terrified of people(especially men) and sad.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #10224 
diablo13

Yes, but you're rehabilitating her, I can only Imagine what the poor ting went through. It's really sad, most Cockatoos and Macaws go through this treamebt, just because people bought them because they looked pretty -_- and guess you are pretty lucky she wasn't afraid of you, though :/
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #10225 
Yaoilover12397

So I went to my local pet shop to get the fish I had ordered. Only to find due to issues with people getting their houses flooded they didn't get fish from their guy. So instead of just picking up the valve controllers I needed I ended up with two mollies, a bamboo shrimp and two clown loches. The addiction sets in so fast!
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #10226 
Amphibianite

I HAVE RETURNED!!! haha hey all.
So two things....
1 I stopped by petsmart to pick up an item for my dog, and welllllll I couldn't help but look at the bettas.... there was this little half moon guy about half an inch to 3/4 inch long.... better than that he is a DOUBLE TAIL HALF MOON!!!!! :P I hate to shout it out loud haha. Soooooo I spent every last cent of mine and what money I could bum off my folks to put into my account and got him... haha...
Pictures are on there way too.

Another thing. My other unnamed new guy the one in the big tank is clamped up. His top and bottom fins are very clamp and tight against him while the tail is clamped but not extremely tight. Any ideas here?
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #10227 
smellsfishie

Amph, congrats on the newbie :) Always fun to get a new fish. Clamped fins are a sign of stress and/or disease. What is the water temp? When was the last water change? Is he eating? Anything lookin funky on his body? Also, how long has he been like this? And what are the water parameters? On the betta disease link there is a buncha info you can fill out to help people assist you with questions about sick bettas... I would find it for you but... i'm lazy. :)
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #10228 
Neil D

Amph, how big is the tanks? He could be scared/stressed from the sudden space change...dont forget to answer smellsfishie's questions...
Old 08-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #10229 
Amphibianite

Water temp 76.4/5
Haven't done a water change yet but he is in a 4 gal with filter and has been in there about 3 days now so no need for a water change yet.
He is eating just fine still has a good appetite.
Nothing looking funny at all on him, no stress lines that I can see, no growths or color loss.
Water seems fine I don't remember the numbers but I remember they were fine.
He has only been in the tank for 3 day so he may still be stressed. He likes to in is and under the large glass rocks and not the cave I made him. Could he be stressed because it is too big for him and not enough hiding places? His live plant is in QT still, but I do have some fakes I found. Should I put them in and see if he likes them more than the rocks?
I am thinking he is clamped because of stress but I don't know.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #10230 
Neil D

The more hiding spots the better.

I made a new thread, called "The Quick Question Thread: Lounge Edition."

Link:http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....277#post786277

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese