Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2011, 12:32 AM   #1021 
kalae

bettas will take over the world >:D

twas difficult; though my friend loves them so thats good.
kalae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:48 AM   #1022 
Yuuie

are common house flys good for betta because i think one of mine just caught one. O.o
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:58 AM   #1023 
Erin8D

Hmm... what should I do guys? I have one of my bettas, Rocket in a 10 Gall by himself. I want to divide his tank so I can shower another betta with love (more like feed my obsession) but I can't decide if I should divide it half, or go for 3 sections :/ I really want a CT at my LFS, but I've also had an eye on my petco's Doubletails :/
Erin8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:20 AM   #1024 
Sakura8

Yuuie, I don't think a common housefly can hurt him. In the wild, they eat anything they can catch. I bet he was a happy betta after eating that fly.

Erin - Hmm. That IS a dilemma. I just divided my 10g and each betta has plenty of space. I'm not sure if a 3 way would provide enough swimming room. You could divide the one 10g in half and get the doubletail in there and then put the CT in with the endlers and panda corys.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:25 AM   #1025 
Yuuie

lol i didn't think so either since i saw one of my females eat one awhile ago but i think he just drowned the fly just to catch it and lost interest in it after that. kinda like a toy....
Old 06-26-2011, 02:51 AM   #1026 
Erin8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Yuuie, I don't think a common housefly can hurt him. In the wild, they eat anything they can catch. I bet he was a happy betta after eating that fly.

Erin - Hmm. That IS a dilemma. I just divided my 10g and each betta has plenty of space. I'm not sure if a 3 way would provide enough swimming room. You could divide the one 10g in half and get the doubletail in there and then put the CT in with the endlers and panda corys.
Hmm that does sound tempting! I had Marsh in with the endlers, but they ate his food and he hid behind the heat most of the time. If I got a study crowntail who wouldn't let himself get pushed around it could work, but I would fear him going on a killing spree. Maybe I'll get him and if it doesn't work out, I have an excuse for a new 3 gall!

I got curious and looked up some tanks on youtube. Do you think that's big enough for them, or would they be unhappy :/ They would probably be happier if it was divided in half, but gah, I'm just too addicted! :C
link: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUc58nIHqIc&NR=1&feature=fvwp]YouTube - ‪10 gallon divided betta tank‬‏[/ame]
Erin8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:35 AM   #1027 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuie View Post
lol i didn't think so either since i saw one of my females eat one awhile ago but i think he just drowned the fly just to catch it and lost interest in it after that. kinda like a toy....
Just needed to stimulate his hunting instinct, I guess.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:37 AM   #1028 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin8D View Post
Hmm that does sound tempting! I had Marsh in with the endlers, but they ate his food and he hid behind the heat most of the time. If I got a study crowntail who wouldn't let himself get pushed around it could work, but I would fear him going on a killing spree. Maybe I'll get him and if it doesn't work out, I have an excuse for a new 3 gall!

I got curious and looked up some tanks on youtube. Do you think that's big enough for them, or would they be unhappy :/ They would probably be happier if it was divided in half, but gah, I'm just too addicted! :C
link: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUc58nIHqIc&NR=1&feature=fvwp]YouTube - ‪10 gallon divided betta tank‬‏[/ame]
Well, aside from the fact that the camera jiggling made me seasick , I think it could work out. There's not a WHOLE lot of room but there's enough for them to swim around. As long as they have enough room to swim several body lengths worth, it's supposed to be enough room. You could try it and get the 3 gallon to have on hand "just in case."

What do you feed your panda corys? I'm hoping to get some soon for my 10g.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:38 AM   #1029 
Yuuie

most likely since when one gets near his tank and lands on the outside of it he stalks it and tries to get it through the plastic. i just hope he doesn't try to jump out at it and land in my coffee cup which i don't think he likes at all.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:46 AM   #1030 
kalae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post

What do you feed your panda corys? I'm hoping to get some soon for my 10g.
i feed my pandas 'sinking wafers' made for corys. however if they dont eat some it ends up as a mess..so i either break it up into little bits or vacuum up the leftovers
kalae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese