Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #11521 
dragonflie

Again, depends on the snail, though I'll admit I don't know alot about the different types. In my area all they sell are mystery snails, but if I want to go for a bit of a drive, That Pet Place is 45 mins away; and they sell nerites. I don't think either one harms live plants (though don't quote me on that without researching it).

There are others I know even less about, such as malaysian trumpet snails. These are good for keeping sand beds stirred, but that's where my knowledge ends lol. I've never kept any of them, but find them fascinating.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #11522 
smellsfishie

I have a yellow mystery snail. He/she seems to love skirting along my live plants, but does not seem to do any damage to them... I read they eat the dead/decaying plant parts so help to clean things up a bit. But, I don't think that little snail (although, a big snail, but comparatively speaking) will do much cleanup in a large tank with lots of plants.

Dragon, my oldest tank is a few yrs... well... not true... I had it shut down for awhile. But the gravel stayed wet..... I don't know. I guess my oldest tank is no more than 5-6 months old.

edit: Oh, and I did look at that website before but could not find an exact match. I posted pics of my oddball algae on this thread before. i will show you.
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #11523 
dragonflie

I was going to try to find it, but given how long this thread is it got overwhelming quickly LOL.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #11524 
smellsfishie

oh sorry, I forgot i said I would post it. Durrrr LOL... let me find the pic
Old 08-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #11525 
smellsfishie

Here it is.......... bubbly bright green algae/slime... :P And Aviator. <3

edit: it is on top of java moss, so that is what is hanging down.
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #11526 
dragonflie

How odd looking! I can't quite get my bearings looking at it, I'm not sure if it's the angle or the flash or what not.

Where else is it attached? Or is it just on the moss? See, what is actually called "bubble algae" is a marine algae..I have been unable to find any freshwater types online as of yet.

Going to see what I can find out, but I can't promise anything. Any way you could get one more pic from a different angle?
Old 08-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #11527 
Sakura8

That stuff looks like ectoplasm or something.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #11528 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
I know Zuko is a HM/DeT, right? Is Peaches a VT?

Edit: Amph, you get too many fish! I'm I the only one on here that can be satisfied with Tropical Fish and not bettas? Wow, I make good excuses. And I'm not sure about the plants
SUPER LATE QUOTE/REPLY ATTACK

lol Just wanted to add I love my tropical fish, I feel no need to buy any more bettas at the moment XD
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #11529 
dragonflie

Oh, and in real life; does it look like a collection of hairs at all when you look very closely at it? Or just one big slimy thing?
Old 08-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #11530 
diablo13

Lol, copper, I'm with you, I already have enough tanks to fill :D when my platy fry are grown I'm putting Diablo with them and getting a Dwarf Puffer for his 5 :) and in stocking my 29 with some type of danio, then after it cycles 5 Kuhli Loaches, and then an ABF around Christmas :D
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese