Also oh my, I just realized he's a DbT-HM O_O <3333
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #1223 
Yuuie

O.O
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #1224 
Neil D

Both of my guys have awesome bubble nests going!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #1225 
Tisia

I really like my lfs, got some attison's betta food from them, plus I noticed they actually have brine shrimp eggs there, as well as the instant baby brine shrimp, so I won't have to order them online whenever I decide to breed. plus it's in oregon, so I don't pay tax on any of it, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #1226 
bahamut285

@Neil: Yay! I noticed that HongBo was making a nest all day yesterday. However it's facing towards the other side of me...I think he has a crush on my printer, LOL.

@Tisia: Awesome~ I look forward to a spawn log XD!

Question about food though, how do you know if it is healthy or nutritious? When my grandma's 5 year old betta died she gave me his BettaMin flakes. None of my bettas like it, so it's just sitting around on my desk.

I'm currently feeding them Nutrafin Basix pellets. It came in some stupid fish-shaped shaker so I transferred them into an empty and clean bottle-type thing. I've had these pellets since I went to buy Shimmoo (RIP), and ALL my current betta go nuts for it when I feed them.

I don't think Petsmart sells anything else X_X. My fish appear to be healthy and happy but I just want to know if I'm...accidentally poisoning them with really bad food :(
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #1227 
Erin8D

I think the betta rescue would be a good idea, if you live in a popular area. If not, it might be hard to find them homes :/
Erin8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #1228 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
@Neil: Yay! I noticed that HongBo was making a nest all day yesterday. However it's facing towards the other side of me...I think he has a crush on my printer, LOL.

@Tisia: Awesome~ I look forward to a spawn log XD!

Question about food though, how do you know if it is healthy or nutritious? When my grandma's 5 year old betta died she gave me his BettaMin flakes. None of my bettas like it, so it's just sitting around on my desk.

I'm currently feeding them Nutrafin Basix pellets. It came in some stupid fish-shaped shaker so I transferred them into an empty and clean bottle-type thing. I've had these pellets since I went to buy Shimmoo (RIP), and ALL my current betta go nuts for it when I feed them.

I don't think Petsmart sells anything else X_X. My fish appear to be healthy and happy but I just want to know if I'm...accidentally poisoning them with really bad food :(
generally you want the first couple ingredients as something meaty, and like 40%+ protein, though some of them have a bit lower protein content, but actually list specific fish as the first few ingredients rather than stuff like fish meal or shrimp meal, and those are generally really good since it's a quality over quantity type situation
Old 06-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #1229 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Hey, I wanna bounce an idea off all of you. What do you think about a betta rescue? I'd love to rescue so many bettas but I can't keep them all. What if I rescue them, get them back to health and then post on craiglist, offering them free or super cheap to qualified homes? Worth the effort or not?
That is if you can let go of any of them. :P
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #1230 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
That is if you can let go of any of them. :P
good point, lol

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese