Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #161 
Sakura8

Did I create a monster here? Oh well, everyone meet Echo the Enforcer, the best friend of all neglected and abused bettas everywhere!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #162 
Silverfang

I say Jaws theme should be following Echo
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #163 
sunnydawnie

Sakura - I need a betta hotline quick. I had a 2G picture aquarium that was empty on my wall for 2 years ! Just 2 months ago I got Goldie (my orange betta male) and I went from 1 betta to 4 !!! Now I just bought a 16G and I'm building a sorority ! Seriously, I can't stop looking at these little things. They are all so colorful and have so much personality.

Now in a period of 2 months I purchased Goldie - orange male semi-crowntail betta, Jewel - blue female crowntail, Emerald - Green and red Delta male, and Sapphire (blue and peach-colored male veil-tail.).

I told the staff at the LFS store today that it's time I got to know them on a first-name basis, especially since it's the 3rd day in a row that I've been in there. They all laughed an introduced themselves. The guy packing my stuff told me "I remember when you just had one betta, now look at you !" And just kept laughing, and laughing.... It doesn't help that this absolutely AMAZING LFS is 5 min. from my house !
sunnydawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #164 
Echo

ohh dear.. i hear ya. i went from one rescue in a pathetic 1 gallon mini-bow to three more rescues (after the first passed away) and two just because, each in their own 2.5 gallon tanks (except for the newest, he's in a 5 gallon, lucky little thing)
i was watching Firefly earlier.. and i've decided to name him Simon
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #165 
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Did I create a monster here?
nope! mother nature beat you to that
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:25 PM   #166 
Ianthe

I am in deep! I had a bunch of bettas years ago, but none for about 5 years (not since we had kids). We got ONE for my daughter last month and wow....here comes the addiction! I am already on the lookout for #2, maybe #3, and Sakura, now that I have that tank coming, my imagine is going wild! LOL! I'm like, should I divide it? Make a sorority???? My husband is not too happy....he says I at least have to wait until we come back from our vacation in November, LOL
Ianthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #167 
Ianthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
His fins are pretty, I like the blueish tinge to them. So glad you got a new one. Can't let that tank go to waste. Hmm . . . you can divide it and get another!

It seems like the guys relax a lot faster than the girls. It took Goldikova a good week or more to stop getting stress stripes. And I STILL don't know what color Rags is going to be. Right now, she's not stress-striped as much but she's still kind of a mud color.

A big black beard. Call him Brian Wilson, after the San Francisco Giants closer. Sorry, huge Giants fan. Huge baseball fan. ^_^ I like the color of his fins, though, they're very ethereal, almost like a ghost or something. A minty ghost. With attitude.

THE BEARD!!!!!!!!! Totally off topic but I had to comment on this...HUGE Giants fans here!!!!!
Ianthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #168 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianthe View Post
I am in deep! I had a bunch of bettas years ago, but none for about 5 years (not since we had kids). We got ONE for my daughter last month and wow....here comes the addiction! I am already on the lookout for #2, maybe #3, and Sakura, now that I have that tank coming, my imagine is going wild! LOL! I'm like, should I divide it? Make a sorority???? My husband is not too happy....he says I at least have to wait until we come back from our vacation in November, LOL
Sorry, I bet I'm not your husband's favorite person. Hehe. Tell him at least you have a lot of fish and not a lot of cats, hamsters, dogs, rabbits, birds . . .

Go GIANTS! But aww, they lost tonight to the D-backs.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:31 AM   #169 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydawnie View Post
Sakura - I need a betta hotline quick. I had a 2G picture aquarium that was empty on my wall for 2 years ! Just 2 months ago I got Goldie (my orange betta male) and I went from 1 betta to 4 !!! Now I just bought a 16G and I'm building a sorority ! Seriously, I can't stop looking at these little things. They are all so colorful and have so much personality.

Now in a period of 2 months I purchased Goldie - orange male semi-crowntail betta, Jewel - blue female crowntail, Emerald - Green and red Delta male, and Sapphire (blue and peach-colored male veil-tail.).

I told the staff at the LFS store today that it's time I got to know them on a first-name basis, especially since it's the 3rd day in a row that I've been in there. They all laughed an introduced themselves. The guy packing my stuff told me "I remember when you just had one betta, now look at you !" And just kept laughing, and laughing.... It doesn't help that this absolutely AMAZING LFS is 5 min. from my house !
Haha, don't look to me for that hotline, Sunnydawnie. I just came home with two bettas an hour and a half ago. I went in for rocks and live plants. Then I saw a pretty blue female and I thought, "I'm starting a sorority so I know I need at least 3, probably 4. I have 2. I need one more." And then I saw a pretty blue male. And I thought, "Ooh, I have the perfect name for a guy that color." Soooo, now I have 5. And I got my first betta on April 29. Who thinks I have a problem, raise their hand. *hands fly up everywhere*
Old 06-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #170 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
nope! mother nature beat you to that
If bettas could hug you, you'd have the biggest group hug ever.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese