Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #181 
Sakura8

I'm so glad to hear that. He's such a handsome fellow, great coloring.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #182 
Echo

my Roxie went from a gorgeous gunmetal grey and bluish-silver with dark stripes to a brownish grey with dark stripes. mebbe if i took the blind away between her tank and Zen's, she'd perk up a bit..? i do need to get them closer to more natural lighting, i think. right now they're in my breakfast nook where the cat won't jump (she's a diva.. anything higher than waist-high is too much of a bother for her to get to)
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #183 
fishman12

Thank you. He's super afraid of the camera. He has mettalic blue and I just noticed a little green.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #184 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
(she's a diva.. anything higher than waist-high is too much of a bother for her to get to)
My cat loves my filter. He likes to take the top of and paw at the baffle . He gets on my nerves sooo much but I rigged it so he can't get on.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #185 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
My cat loves my filter. He likes to take the top of and paw at the baffle . He gets on my nerves sooo much but I rigged it so he can't get on.
One of my cats, the only one out of 8 who cares about the fish, woke me up this morning by casually batting Anderson's QT container around on my desk. Poor guy was swimming in circles trying to hide under the measly plants in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
i do need to get them closer to more natural lighting, i think. right now they're in my breakfast nook where the cat won't jump (she's a diva.. anything higher than waist-high is too much of a bother for her to get to)
I've never noticed my male(s) change color, only my females. I think you're right, the key is good lighting. My new girl, now christened Rachel Alexandra, is in a pretty dimly-lit tank. But then again, when I moved Zenyatta (once known as Rags to Riches) to the big, well-lit tank, she still stayed dark, she just lost her stress stripes. I'll have to let her out of the netbreeder soon and hope she and Goldikova get along. I know 2 is not a good number for a sorority but Rachel needs to stay in isolation for a week before she can join them.

At least two of my cats are the same about jumping and things over waist-high, except in their case it's not diva-ttude, it's just plain lazy. They're faaaat.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #186 
Echo

oh, don't get me wrong.. Mikey's chunky. she just prefers the step-up method: step from the floor to the bathtub.. bathtub to tank.. tank to sink. or chair to desk, desk to bar. reverse that as well.. unless she's in a hurry (distribution of treats will prompt this)
Old 06-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #187 
Sakura8

My brat cats know that if they sit there long enough, I give in and pick them up. Otherwise, yes, mine use the step method too. Chair to table to counter to microwave top with a stop in between to stick a nose or paw in whatever food or drink I happen to have out on the table. One cat especially likes the Krazy Shack tapioca my mom eats and will practically mug her for it.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #188 
Echo

i guess i'm lucky.. my cat is so finicky, she won't even eat canned cat food, much less raw fish or chicken. the only thing she'll eat is Blue Buffalo (only THE most expensive cat food out there) and Whisker Lickins. she's my King Louie with fur and feet
Old 06-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #189 
fishman12

My cat is fat too. He eats my dogs food plus he's always meowing for more of his food and he's inside only so he doesn't get much excersise
Old 06-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #190 
Sakura8

I try and get them to exercise by going to the opposite end of the house, shaking the treat container and waiting for them to thunder down the hall, then going to the other end of the house, repeating until they just flat out maul me.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese