Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #1981 
fightergirl2710

Yes the buckets are my weights, the sound of the water overflowing when I leave the tap on, my cardio lol! Since the tanks are small I siphon most of it and the last bit I just dump out by turning the tank over.. Some of my girls are such pains at getting into the cups, especially Peaches (of course) and Beefcake!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #1982 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Some parts are a little humid but I guess the part of the coast we're on isn't on the jet stream or something like that. Up north of us it can get much more humid, like in WA, right Tisia?

Oh, I think they call those air coolers swamp coolers here. Yup, nice and cool.

I like the sponge filters. I'm debating how I'm going to do the filters on the 20L, either a sponge filter, another AquaClear filter (can be so noisy though!) or two Marineland Duettos. But problem is I spent so much on the tank and fish I don't have any left over to decorate!
the rare occasion it gets really hot it can be pretty humid, lol. now Korea in the summer is horrible. you can be standing there not moving and just dripping with sweat. it's been a few years since I last went, but I still remember going outside and the heat and humidity pretty much just slapping you in the face it was so bad

stem plants ftw for decorating! if you need more, just cut a couple stems from the ones you already have and just stick them in, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #1983 
fightergirl2710

Ooh! hats good, I was surprised that no one came to shoo us out yet lol!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #1984 
Sakura8

Beefcake? So she officially has a name? Yeah, I notice my right arm that I mainly use to carry the bucket is getting a lot stronger. It's easy to catch my males but those darn girls are so fast! And of COURSE Peaches would be hard to catch, it wouldn't be Peaches if she made it easy for you. Funny, you'd think the fat one would be slower and easier to catch.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #1985 
fightergirl2710

You're from Korea? :D
Old 07-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #1986 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Your boys have their priorities all wrong. It's nests and girls first, THEN self-mutilation.
maybe the problem was that they were building all these nice nests, but still not getting any girls, so they figured it wasn't worth it and just decided it was time they needed a trim, lol
Old 07-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #1987 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
the rare occasion it gets really hot it can be pretty humid, lol. now Korea in the summer is horrible. you can be standing there not moving and just dripping with sweat. it's been a few years since I last went, but I still remember going outside and the heat and humidity pretty much just slapping you in the face it was so bad

stem plants ftw for decorating! if you need more, just cut a couple stems from the ones you already have and just stick them in, lol
Are you Korean? I am, at least half. Since I was adopted no one knows for sure. I THINK I may only be half because I don't have a Korean face.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #1988 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
maybe the problem was that they were building all these nice nests, but still not getting any girls, so they figured it wasn't worth it and just decided it was time they needed a trim, lol
Haha. "Maybe they just don't go for the shaggy look? I guess I do look like a hippie with this long tail." I wonder if Sherman stopped building his becaues I kept destroying them with water changes. Not my fault, he always picked the day before a change! Always!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #1989 
fightergirl2710

Yes! Beefcake it is! It just stuck, I remembered a South Park episode and yeah, it stuck XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e29x9Qhi2ks
She is pretty darn fast, that or I'm stupider than my fish :P
Peaches is scary, she jumps so much! I'd swear she was Shamu the whale in a betta's body!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #1990 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
You're from Korea? :D
my mom is, I've gone a couple of times though. there was talk of going this summer, but my extended family always procrastinates on planning reunions and they waited too long, lol. might be going next summer, or taiwan or they might come here, I don't even know, lol

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese