Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #191 
fishman12

Rofl!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #192 
fightergirl2710

Btw about the self control... I got three more today, same guy... Worse conditions! I don't think he had cleaned it since I went there last.. Wanted girls so I can kick start the sorority, got one male by mistake and now I don't know what to do with him... Sigh, need therapy...
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #193 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
Btw about the self control... I got three more today, same guy... Worse conditions! I don't think he had cleaned it since I went there last.. Wanted girls so I can kick start the sorority, got one male by mistake and now I don't know what to do with him... Sigh, need therapy...
You need therapy, that guy needs a good whack upside the head with a bucket and siphon hose. Can you return your male for a girl? Because the bettas here are almost always in cups, it's easy for me to pick the cup up and look for the ovipositor. If I can see through the filth, anyway.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #194 
Sakura8

Pics!

First up is Anderson. He seems to like the camera, a real natural just like his namesake.
Name:  Anderson3.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  68.3 KB
Name:  Anderson4.jpg
Size:  61.4 KB
Next is the new girl, Rachel Alexandra. Can you tell I stink at taking pics? I was trying out the different settings on the camera so one is ridiculously high flash and one is ridiculously low. When I bought her, I swear she was the same color as Anderson's tail.
Name:  Rachel A.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  50.0 KB
Name:  Rachel Low Flash.jpg
Size:  52.9 KB
Here's a quick updated picture of Zenyatta (Rags) in her new tank. She's decided to be red today.
Name:  Zenyatta.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  70.7 KB
And Goldikova in the netbreeder because she bit Zenny. Timeout, go sit in the corner! That's what I get for naming her after a racehorse with a reputation for biting everyone in sight.
Name:  Timeout for Goldi.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  60.3 KB
Old 06-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #195 
PinkBetta264

sakura, your anderson looks just like a bigger version of my "little boy blue" aawww!! off subject... wow i was in wally world today...and yes unfortunatly i just had to go into to fish section...just for a 10w cfl for Dallas' new hood on his 3 gal....but oh i don't know what happened i did well and didn't come home with a fish today!!! yeah!!....they got some scary looking fish... they are long and skinny, some were deformed looking, i found one i think was a female in a cup marked as male i almost bought her( thinking i want to start a sorority...but dang i just didn't have it in me today...what a mess. I must have got extremely lucky when I got Harley and Dallas, because in my opinion my boys are some fine looking CT's...especially compared to what they have sitting on their shelves today....i was wondering, do breeders sell off their males to places like walmart if they don't perform??? I was wonderin maybe those there fish were young, not sure how to tell.
PinkBetta264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #196 
Sakura8

I know breeders sell their older males (over a year) to places like Petsmart and Petco. I don't know about Wal-Mart and man, I sincerely hope not. Your Wal-Mart sounds like a horror story. :( I wonder if the fish were deformed to begin with and a dishonest breeder sold them that way or they got deformed after living at Wal-Mart for a while. So sad. But bravo for you, resisting temptation. If you can keep it up, we may have you teach a seminar.

I think . . . have I seen pictures of Little Boy Blue? Haha, I'm so corny, I named Anderson after Anderson Cooper, the CNN anchor. No, really, I don't have a crush on him. Not at all. Nope. Maybe just a little. A teeny little. He's still single, right?
Old 06-17-2011, 10:56 PM   #197 
Neil D

Careful not to watch CNN!! You may put Cooper to sleep, and then we'd never know about anything!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:43 PM   #198 
Sakura8

If he falls asleep I'm slipping a wedding ring on that finger of his . . . ooooops, did I say that out loud? Oh well, maybe everyone is asleep anyway so they didn't hear me . . .
Old 06-17-2011, 11:47 PM   #199 
dramaqueen
Banned

omg, what a thread! lol I have 11 bettas and would love to get a few from some of our breeders but my living situation won't allow it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #200 
Sakura8

I know. DQ, when the thread started I had just purchased one betta for a total of 2. Now I'm up to 5.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese