Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2011, 02:08 AM   #211 
fightergirl2710

Such purdy purdy fishies! I guess I have to return him, I can't have another male... The tranny has now decided to be male too, but him, I don't want to give back. This guy was all torn up, that's why he looked like a girl. I want to keep him and make him better, poor boy! He's all torn up but has a lot of spirit. But I don't know if I can do that, I have no more jars and bowls and tanks left, just a QT.. I'm a bit scared of starting the sorority, I'm afraid they might kill each other, I got a lot of plants and hidey holes to put in the tank but I'm still freaked! HALP!! O_o
Also, yes the guy should be drowned in that gross water, it had an inch of filth on the bottom! 20 bettas- one gallon tank! I had thought it was 2-2.5 gallons... He told me it was one... -_-'
Where's Echo's ipecac?
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:03 AM   #212 
Sakura8

As soon as Echo reads your post about the bettas in the one gallon . . . well, I'm picturing glowing red eyes of fury and a really scary battle aura. If that guy only knew the terror that is Echo the Enforcer, he'd be quivering by now.

Aww, I'm sorry you have to return your one guy. I totally understand though. I'm at my limit too. I have no more tanks so Anderson actually had to spend the night in an 8 cup tupperware container; he's now in his own heated tank, though. As for sororities . . . I had Zenyatta in the big tank and Goldikova in the netbreeder inside and darn Goldi jumped out twice and each time she beat up Zenny who is double her size. So now I'm just a little bit nervous about starting a sorority too but I have no choice. I have to get some of these gals into a big tank because I'm out of room. So Zenny is in an emergency QT where I can watch her fins (Goldi bit a hunk out of her tail). Good thing it's warm in my room, I ran out of heaters. Eventually Goldi gets her own tank since she doesn't play well with others. But Zenny and Rachel Alexandra (nicknamed Anju for convenience) will go in the big tank. They'll eventually be joined by two more when I have the room for the isolation tanks. Aaaagh, and here I thought Goldi was the most timid of them all. I was afraid she'd get beat up because she's so tiny. Instead she's a little demon!

So your tranny finally decided to be a guy? I kinda liked the idea of a tranny betta, though.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:24 AM   #213 
fightergirl2710

Hehehe! yep, she was a timid little girl who didn't flare and then today suddenly she has blossomed into a macho, flaring, patrolling man fish! Why do all my pets have gender issues? Why?
I don't want to return him X(! Poor guy, going back there! He already has no fins, no tail and a deformed red gill. I was thinking I could nurse him and give him to my awesome lfs guy, maybe he could give him to someone else... But that doesn't sound very feasible does it? I hope I get a sign or something because I'm sooo confused right now! Should I start the sorority or should I return them all... Siiiiigh! I don't know. I'm thinking about it till the evening, then I have to do something...
Do you think Echo the Enforcer of Betta Justice has a passport? Maybe we could all chip in and buy her a ticket to Bombay to beat up this guy I have a samurai sword she can borrow too! XD
Old 06-18-2011, 03:49 AM   #214 
Sakura8

You have a sword, too? Lucky. All I have is a wooden kendo sword. Not the bamboo shinai, the bokuto one. Won't cut but I bet you'd have a heck of a headache after I bonk you with it.

What size is your sorority tank? Can you divide it for males if you don't do a sorority?
Old 06-18-2011, 03:58 AM   #215 
fightergirl2710

Its my great grand dad's sword. It was a war trophy from when he fought in a war against the Japanese in Burma or something.. I'm not too clear about details. But it has the spirit of war in it. Echo can put it to good use
Bonk on head can be more painful if you ask me... I'm a baby when it comes to bruises. Cuts are no problem :P
I guess I could divide it 3 ways since it is a 10 gallon but then what do I do with the girls. There are 4 males (one that I have to return) and 4 females. I can make a sorority with 4 but I feel more comfortable having 5...
Old 06-18-2011, 04:02 AM   #216 
Sakura8

Sounds like a neat sword. And I know what you mean, I'm more afraid of a head injury than I am of getting a big cut. I can deal with a cut but how am I supposed to deal with a head injury if I'm out cold?

You'll either have to return all the girls and divide the tank or start your sorority and return the one male you can't keep. :( You can always start your sorority with the four and get the fifth one when you find her.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:21 AM   #217 
fightergirl2710

Yeah, that's a good idea. I always wanted to start a sorority so I think I'll go through with it now. I'll see if I can find a nice female when I return the male. (I don't think this guy offers refunds but I don't know if I can find a healthy enough female either :P) So I'm just going to do it!
True true... Head injuries freak me out!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:43 AM   #218 
Sakura8

Judging from things, it sounds like you'll have to put your tranny in last. I've never seen my girls flare. Do they do the whole gill thing, too, like the males?

Well, it's a quarter to three in the morning here, I should wander off to bed or something. I hear it's the proper thing to do at this time of night and if I don't claim a spot on my bed soon, I'll have to sleep on the floor because the cats will have taken over. G'night and good luck with returning the male and finding another female.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:53 AM   #219 
fightergirl2710

Good Night XD Its good to sleep sometimes. But I'm a nightowl as well :P
All my girls flare but Tranny is officially a boy (he has a beard I checked ) and his fins are reallly long now.
I'm afraid that Peaches is going to tear everyone from fin to fin, she only looks sweet.. The Devil fish
Old 06-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #220 
Sakura8

Silly Tranny. Guess he's not going in the sorority. But at least he finally made up his mind. Are you naming him Tranny? I think it's a funny name if you decide to stick with it.

I thought bigger Zenny would be the aggressor, instead it was Goldi, who was once too shy to even come up to the surface and eat. So you never know what'll happen. But that's the adventure of a sorority, or so I'm told.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese