Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #231 
fleetfish

Been reading this thread and I was thinking "You're addicted?! What about me! I'm absolutely hopeless!" since I found a really interesting VT today >__<

Anyway, I would separate them and give them a break from one another. If you can put them in containers and add some aquarium salt and Indian Almond Leaf for infection prevention, float them in the tank. If you can get a breeder trap that hangs on the side of the tank, it would be better because the girls would still get used to one another but also get used to the tank without being in it. Girls will be girls though, and they will be fighty for a few weeks before settling down. I would remove a girl from the tank only if she's still extremely aggressive after that time period.

What I usually do when starting out with new girls is keep them all separate for at least two weeks, this way, I can sex them and watch out for any signs of illness.

Last edited by fleetfish; 06-18-2011 at 01:45 PM.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #232 
fightergirl2710

I had floated them in the tank before I put them all in, like an intro... Three are sisters they squabble but are generally ok. I JUST put them in 20 minutes ago X_x! The two mature girls are full on fighting. Even through the cup. The one outside generally chases anyone coming close... I'm worried if I let the other girl out, she will shred her.. (Her fins are pretty long and an easy target) How do you know what is too much fighting??
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #233 
fightergirl2710

Sorry for posting twice but should I leave in the cup till morning so I can keep a better eye on them, than sleeping now and finding them beyond repair?
Old 06-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #234 
smellsfishie

fightergirl 1st... I LOVE you avatar pic!
2nd... I would wait on putting those girls together if they are fighting "through the cup"... :D I had 2 females in a plastic breeder (separated) floating in the tank forrr a week or so and no flaring or issues from the other female in the tank (outside the breeder)... let the girls out of the breeder and the one started nipping... so I separated them and I am going to try again in awhile once I have more females for the tank. XD
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #235 
fishman12

Yeah leave them in, at leas t for now
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #236 
fightergirl2710

Heehee thanks! That cute thing in my avatar is one of the trouble makers btw XD She can really fool you!
So I should leave her in the cup? And wait for a day or two, then try again? Or should I put Peaches in the cup instead...? I feel bad having Cleo in the cup... I think I'll get her a bigger cup >.<
I have 3 other females, Peaches chases them but comes right back to the cup to bug Cleo... Really, these fish have issues!
Old 06-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #237 
fightergirl2710

So I get all of them in cups and not just Cleo? I'm sorry I'm so confused.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #238 
smellsfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
I'm at 8 in about 3 months, this whole site is filled with enablers, lol

<--- 15, 3 mo... 8/
Old 06-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #239 
smellsfishie

i would put the more aggressive one in the cup, or in another tank, move everything around, make sure there are lots of hiding places, and then when its time, introduce ALL the females at the same time... and watch them for awhile for any severe aggression... but I guess you are to expect SOME, as they make their ranking order.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #240 
fishman12

Put Cleo in the cup and get the rest out to the tank. If she's the main aggressor then the others hopefully won't fight and they'll set a good example for her.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese