Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #30321 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
Waits, I have a question! Do people become mods in groups, or just singly? Like, was Sakura the only one promoted, or did other people get it, too?
Well it's not a promotion per se... and we add people to the team based on our needs at the time. We def. needed more mods. helping out on the betta side of the world.

We just added Sakura and Indjo to the mod. team because they are wise, fair, and all around awesome members of the forum.

So welcome to both of them!
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #30322 
diablo13

Ah, I thought Indjo was new. Lucky peoples, they deserve it :D
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #30323 
Romad
TFK Moderator

It really has nothing to do with length of membership or post counts.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #30324 
diablo13

Im guessing it has to do with contributing helpfully, which is why I'll never be a mod. Because I don't contribute very much :D
Old 01-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #30325 
Tikibirds

But your fish knowledge is pretty awsome...

Quote:
WHAT?!?! Thats tragic Tiki! Its a shame you lost so many! You'll probably get more like always =)
I kinda suspected it was gonna happen but not THAT many and the ones that survived were the ones I though were gonna die. I'm sure there will be more. There are some from Chard on AB I would like but shipping fish now has me a bit leary

OH and Canadian Customs just asked If we had any wildlife or guns. Nothing else.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 01-16-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #30326 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #30327 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
Buy me a blueberry cheesecake which is one of the prerequisites to earning your mod status and they will be happy to promote you.
do we get extra powers if it's homemade? lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #30328 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
I know a tad, what's your question?
Just looking for experience on buying and hatching eggs. Not really the fish, I've looked into them a bit. Just wondering if buying eggs would be a waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Pitluvs, kilifish are awesome! Some are difficult to care for though because they require very precise water chemistry. And many are "annuals" that die within a year. Any particular kilifish you have in mind?
None in particular although the ones I was looking at are a mix of Nothobrancius Rachiovi , Guentheri Red, Guentheri Blue and Red eggersi. Annuals don't bother me, I rather fish with less lifespan. Not to sound cold but I'm a renter and I don't want fish I have to keep for over 5yrs lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
But your fish knowledge is pretty awsome...

I kinda suspected it was gonna happen but not THAT many and the ones that survived were the ones I though were gonna die. I'm sure there will be more. There are some from Chard on AB I would like but shipping fish now has me a bit leary

OH and Canadian Customs just asked If we had any wildlife or guns. Nothing else.
That's Canada, don't bring your Cougars or guns.. everything else is fine lolz Sorry to hear about your fishes :( I don't know how you do it, if I lost that many... getting more would be the last thing on my mind :(
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #30329 
diablo13

Eggs? They sell allot of then on aqua bid, if you just plop them in the right kind of water conditions, like the fishtank they'll be in, they'll hatch just fine. They can go dry for a while. Ever heard the commercial "My best fish friends"? Killifish. Aw, thanks tiki.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #30330 
Tikibirds

Quote:
I don't know how you do it, if I lost that many... getting more would be the last thing on my mind :(
I think knowing how they are treated in petstores has alot to do with it. I wonder of my local walmart has bettas? I know they sell goldfish and stuff, IF I ever GET to New York I have to hold the 3 remaining fishies in front of the car heater the rest of the way. Its not fun

Right now I am waiting for John to get back from walmart with a tire so we can leave Fort Saint John
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese