Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #33231 
Amphibianite

Still no wrigglers yet, Arg I can barely stand the waiting.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #33232 
Sakura8

:( Poor Lapis, this isn't good. I hope the second round of salt helps her. C'mon, Lapis, you can do it! Pull through, girl!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #33233 
Silverfang

she's looking kinda bloated... thinking the pellets, of course so is PK, but considering he probably has parasites..... You say general stuff not the fizzy parasite tabs?
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #33234 
Sakura8

Yeah, General Cure probably has a better chance of knocking the parasites out completely. Is Lapis on Furan-2 right now?

Wigglers . . . wigglers . . .
Old 02-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #33235 
xjenuhfur

Also, I meant to tell you that my pet supermarket must've just got a new shipment of Bettas in. They had a orange veil tail (think) male in a fluval edge. But it looked like he had tore up his beard. It was literally like hanging and curling and just floating. I'm tempted to return and get him. But if this is going to seriously affect his health, I don't want to nurse an injury I don't know how to fix. He was pretty active, but he had a 6gal tank to play in.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #33236 
Sakura8

Tore his beard? Huh . . . I'd probably have to see a picture. I've never heard of a torn beard. My best advice for treatment would be to put him in 2 tsps of AQ salt per gallon for 14 days to ward off infection, and to use either API Stress Coat or Kordon Fish Protector to help heal it. Are you sure his beard wasn't just showing? Some beards don't fold in all the way but kinda peek out from the gill flap. I hope that's the case because I can only imagine what would have to happen for him to tear his beard.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #33237 
xjenuhfur

Oh no, it was curly. Unless beards are coming curly in fish now, plus the other one was intact. It was boinging. I'm going to return and get him, if he's still there after spring break. I am worried enough about Goblin over the upcoming week. And Goblin will be in the 2.5 hospital tank over the break.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #33238 
Silverfang

She was on furan for 4 days, nothing. I decided on the parasite fizzies for PK, they have metro and something else I think is good ahhhh here we go..

Active Ingredients:
Praziquantel, Diflubenzuron, Metronidazole, Acriflavine.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #33239 
diablo13

OFL keeps a big 75 gallo full of male's and a couple of females. And she breeds BN Plecos. I'd love to move the Platies at some point and in that 29 gallon just have 2 BN Plecos and as much females as I can manage. At this point in collecting odd colored females, in case I ever breed.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #33240 
Sakura8

xjen, just don't feed Goblin right before you and do a big water change the day before you leave. He should be fine. :)

Silverfang, sure, the ingredients in the fizzies sound good. Definitely want metro and prazi. Good luck! Poor PK.

JimJam, a big 75 of male bettas? They probably all grew out together. *envious*

My mom really wants me to put the girls back in the 10g. Sigh. She doesn't like them in a big tank. Never mind that they have more room, they aren't cute in a big tank.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese