Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #34001 
Sakura8

Bekah, ultimately things like aqadviser are just guidelines and you should stock the tank as you see fit. For me, according to aqadviser, my stocking plan in my 20g is way overstocked but according to experts for Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine, it's just fine.

I will warn you from experience that panda cories are a little harder than most cories to keep alive. I lost my last one a few weeks ago. :/ They're very sensitive to water chemistry and need soft, acidic water with a pH of about 7.0

Since none of your fish are territorial and all stay small, I think your stocking plan is fine. HOWEVER, since your tank isn't cycled, start with the 6 rasboras first. Unfortunately, both neons and pandas are sensitive to water quality and do best in a cycled tank. :/ So if you can, wait for at least two weeks before adding your 6 neons. Monitor the tank params for another two weeks and then add the cories. Add the ADFS and your betta last and then the shrimp. Once your tank is fully cycled (in about two months), you can even add more neons or rasboras if you want.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #34002 
Yuuie

O.O
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #34003 
djembekah

So should i cycle with Rasboras in, or should i cycle, then do the Rasboras first? i know fish-in cycling could harm the fish, but it also sounds like a good way to cycle. i have ammonia, but yeah i havent started cycling obviously x3

also what are the hardiest cories? i like the look of panda cories, but all the cories are cute.

Last edited by djembekah; 03-14-2012 at 04:16 PM.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #34004 
Sakura8

If you do a fishless cycle, it could take up to two months. I dunno if you can wait that long. I know I never could. ^_^ So if you want to get fish right away, I'd cycle with the rasboras only and add everyone else gradually as the tank stabilizes.

The hardiest cories are the bronze cory (c. aeneus) and the peppered cory (c. paleteus). The bronze cory is easiest to find although it's usually in albino form. The peppered cory does get rather large, at 3" or more. The bronze cory stays around 2.5".
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #34005 
Yuuie

peppered corys are cute i think that is what i got at the moment but didn't know they got 3" so guess they got a little more growing to do. now it's time for me to go to work laters
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #34006 
djembekah

oh goodie i think i will cycle with the rasboras x3
i still need to get the filter (because i keep canceling orders and returning them LOL), test kit, and a hood. if i get my tax return this weekend, then i will probably have it all by monday rofl.

i did see albino cories at my LPS, but they only had like two. they are really cute. i'd be totally down with some c. aenus. or even the peppered cories!
im more excited agaaain lol
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #34007 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Thanks for your posts in my boring journal, Fishman. lol
Random, much?

Hello.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #34008 
diablo13

So.....I finally did the stocking plan! I have 3-4 days if I want to revise it, so I hope it's the last version......
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #34009 
fishman12

For which tank?
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #34010 
BettaMiah

Hey guys- Everyone is online! Yay! :3

Update on teh froggy- I tried his old Crab Pellets and he ate one, then he ate some freee dried bloodworms. I know its bad for him but he really needs the extra fat on it and anything is better than nothing for a skinny little frog.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese