Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #35181 
Micho

Night!

Just a question, Betta Imbellis are different species right? They can be housed together is what I've read. Plus they have different requirements than Bettas, they like lots of shade and they're shy little guys.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #35182 
xjenuhfur

Nightt.

I said I was going to the gym, but I lied. My roomie who goes to the gym with me got sick instead. Gross. It's hard to motivate myself when no one wants to go with me!
Oh, and I fell asleep. Wonderful nappy nap. <3
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #35183 
djembekah

snickerdoodles are awesome. mom makes awesome snickerdoodles. i love snickerdoodles.

also it looks like Swish tore his tail again. UGH. i thought the bigger tank was doing him good.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #35184 
xjenuhfur

Since the last time Goblin nommed his tail off it hasn't grown back completely. And he had a blow out but that healed cleanly in a day. I might be able to get a picture of it, but the black edges of his fins won't grow back. D:
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #35185 
diablo13

Apastasia isn't that hard to get rid of.....give the little buggers a squirt of lemon juice right in the face, that'll clear them right up. I assume you mean Mantis Shrimp? I hate those things. Could rip your hand open in an instant. Uh.....have wisteria, but not a tank with light. I clean the new 29 once every 2 weeks, and I'm doing when I get back, so it's probably not the cleanest.....I wonder how the sorority would react to him......he's probably around Midna Sized.......Do you think I could just plopped a couple of leaves in his cup tomorrow morning?
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #35186 
Yuuie

hi all back from work and wondering where my little sister is. i'm sure she worked tell 7 tonight and i guess she was a post to go to dad's for dinner. and she wasn't there yet he called looking for her. here's hoping she didn't have the baby yet and just got held up at work. know i should of stopped by to see if she was still there.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #35187 
Sakura8

Micho, yeah, betta imbellis are pretty peaceful except when breeding or when you want to add a new tankmate. Book says subdued lighting and lots of plants. Pretty things.

Jen, at least you didn't get sick, that's good.

Snickerdoodles. Mmm.

JimJam, really? I read in my saltwater book that it takes nothing short of a lethal injection to get rid of aptasia. Wow. Lemon juice, huh? Cool. And yup, mantis shrimp. Not a shrimp you want to catch with your bare hand.

If he's Midna-sized, he'll be fine for 4 days without food. I was afraid he was like a fry or something but he sounds like he's a juvie. Throw the wisteria in and even if it doesn't have a light, that's fine. Everyone can nibble on the infusoria it'll have.

Yuuie, I hope your sister is okay.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #35188 
Micho

The poor guy keeps hiding under my driftwood. I need to pick up floating plants. My lighting is too strong, and well I have enough plants I think.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #35189 
Yuuie

i'm sure she is fine and most likely went home after work. she isn't due tell the tenth anyway, and if she is anything like deanne she well be two weeks late. also i was thinking of tank mates for my delta. i was thinking of some corys.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #35190 
Sakura8

Is this your sister's first baby?

Cories are always good tankmates for bettas, as long as you figure out how to feed the cories without the betta eating everything.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese